"So you're expecting me to buy three tickets?" said Ethan.

                "Four," said Charlie, "and yes."

                I frowned.  "And who's this fourth?  I don't like the idea of a blind date."

                Ethan suddenly laughed.  "It's Thomas.  You practically own him."

                "No offense," said Charlie, "but ew.  No.  We'll worry about that later.  Bella and I have to go dress shopping.  And we'll take Bella's car—if her mom's okay with it—since we can fit in there comfortably."

                "So I don't get a say?" I said.

                "No, you don't.  I'm in charge of the fun here."

                I turned to Ethan.  "What do you see in her?"

*

After limping along everywhere, Charlie and Ethan took me home so I could rest for the day.  We joked that my left leg would be much stronger and, if I walked straight, I'll eventually be walking in a wide circle.

                There was a car parked outside my house, one I didn't recognize.

                "Oh, look at that," said Ethan.  "Another worshipper bearing gifts."

                I sighed.  "It's weirder with every visit."

                "Want us to come with you?" said Charlie.  "It could be another reporter."

                "No camera van," Ethan pointed out.  "Probably a newspaper."

                "No, no."  I waved them off, opening the door.  "You two go have your noodle time."

                "Stop saying noodle," said Ethan.  Even though I meant canoodling, the shortening of the word bothered Ethan, which was why I kept calling it that.

                They drove off and l limped my way into the house.  The muffled voices stopped once I closed the door. 

                "Bella?"  That was Mom.

                "I'm coming, I'm coming," I said, making slow progress.  A man was sitting in the living room, and Mom was getting to her feet.  "What's up?"

                Mom was about to speak when the man turned around.

                It was Brian Haven a.k.a. Dad.

                His eyes widened once he took in the brace.  "Jesus, Bella…."

                I waved it off.  "It's just a broken ankle."  I gave Mom a 'WTF' look, but she was too serious to respond.

                "I'm sorry for just showing up," he said, "but I wanted to see you two."

                "Why didn't you show up earlier then?" I said.  "It's been almost a week since it hit the news."

                "Your mother refused to tell me where you lived."

                "I didn't want her stressed out any more than she already was," Mom cut in.

                "So I can't visit my own daughter while she's in the hospital?" he replied.  It was no retort.  He was hurt.  "You had no right to hide her from me.  I'm allowed to at least know where she is living."