Knight in shining armor

(Real quick. This is for @cookiegal, but was written by my freind @TheBlueBasson. Shes a great writer, or at least better than me. Go check her out! She has a really good skyward sword x reader that i recommend. Now, enjoy the oneshot!)

"Why me? Why now?" You asked your sister. "I really wish it was different, I really do. But you know, you must put your duties as princess before yourself.""But Masae!" You complained, "I want to live my life. I can't marry Jon because I don't love him. I love someone else.""(Y/n)... It doesn't matter if you love someone else. You need to marry Jon, of you do our kingdoms will finally be at peace. You know being a princess demands sacrifice.""I don't want to be a princess.""This conversation is over. You will be marrying him and there is no way out of it. And don't think I don't know about your relationship with his best knight." You stomped away from your older sister, to your room. Once you got to your room, you flopped face first onto your bed. And started to cry. As you cried into your pillow you thought:I have to be the one to get married. She is the older one. She isn't the one in a relationship. She's the heir, I'm just backup if she dies.You asked aloud, "Why does my fate hate me?""It can't hate you too much. If it did, we would of never met." A male voice said. You looked up from your pillow and saw the male you wanted to see the most. You jumped up from the bed and ran into his arms. "Emile, I missed you." You said, as you pulled away from the warm embrace you two were sharing. Emile pecked your cheek and pushed a strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear. He said softly, "I missed you too. So... I heard what Masae said." Tears started to cloud your vision once the words exited Emile's mouth. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on your bedroom door. And it was soon opened, showing the prince you were to be married to. He commanded, "If you don't want your head on a silver platter, Sir Chugga, stop bothering my future queen." Emile left you in your room with Jon, Prince of Pokeys. But before he left, your beloved Emile mouthed the words, "I'm sorry."

"I hope he wasn't bothering you." Jon said, as he moved closer to you. But you just backed up a bit trying to avoid any physical contact. "If he was any trouble, I could always behead him for you."Having the feeling of uneasiness in the pit of your stomach you replied, "Isn't he your best knight?""Yes, but I can always... Replace him." Jon started to play with a piece of your (h/c) hair. "Before I bid you a pleasant night, the wedding was moved to the day after tomorrow." He kissed you forehead before cockily walking out of your room.Once he left you flopped on your bed and tried to get to sleep. But all you could manage to do was stare at your ceiling while imagining a future where you could marry someone you loved. Clink Clink Clink You turned your gaze over to where the sound was coming from. Pebbles were hiding your balcony door. You went onto your balcony and looked down. And you were met with the eyes of Emile. The one person you loved. "Emile... What are you doing here?""Sorry I left you with Jon.""Never mind that... You heard both of them I have to do this. So-""I understand that. I understand if this is what you choose. But... (Y/n) what do you want?"The cold wind blew your hair around while you looked out at Emile. He was right. You never once considered what would happen if chose for yourself. If you did what no other dared to do. You had to choose between the Prince of Pokeys and letting go of Emile forever. Or put your romantic feelings before your duties as a princess. Leaving your family and your home? Fighting back tears you asked, "Can you give me a minute?" In the moonlight, Chugga nodded as he smiled up at you. He already knew what you chose. But, he smiled because you made your decision on your own. Without the weights of others' expectations. You ran back into your bedroom looking for paper and something to write with. Once you did, you wrote a letter.

Dear Masae, By the time you find this, I will be long gone. I'm sorry, I disappointed you. I just couldn't marry Jon. I couldn't marry him because I was in love with someone else. And he loved me back. And I made this decision because it is the best for me. I know you must think the worse of me now, but I love you. I hope that someday, in this or another life, you could find it in our heart to forgive me. With love,Your little sister, (Y/n) Then you grabbed quickly got dressed into your (f/c) tunic. So you wouldn't be running away with Chugga in a dress. You quickly went to the balcony again. See Emile smiling, you said, "I'm ready." Then you climbed down from the tower. Emile kissed you on the check and said, "Let's go!"You two were started a new chapter in your lives. Without someone to tell you no. And for once in your life, Emile was there right by your side as you lived the rest of your lives together. ~~~But, by dawn Masae had found your note. And tears flowed from her face to the note as she read it aloud. "Dear Masae, By the time you find this, I will be long gone. I'm sorry, I disappointed you. I just couldn't marry Jon. I couldn't marry him because I was in love with someone else. And he loved me back. And I made this decision because it is the best for me. I know you must think the worse of me now, but I love you. I hope that someday, in this or another life, you could find it in our heart to forgive me. With love, Your little sister, (Y/n)"Masae lied down on your bed. She stared at the note more."No... I hope you can forgive me for disappointing you. And for being so blind."