Chapter Twenty-Six

• Didedikasikan kepada Thunder

Chapter Twenty-Six: Maple

Delbert and Brody were right. Jason had been acting weird lately, I just didn't want to admit it. He was my first and best friend. Until I met LaCie and Nikki I only had Jason, Duke, and Delbert. Well, and Danny but he was so much older than me that it was just a different kind of friendship. Yes, it was best that I admitted it sooner rather than later, but I couldn't do it.

Yes, he killed people. Yes, he slammed Brody's hand in a door. Yes he worked with Brooke and Derek knowing that they killed my parents the first time. But he was my friend. He was always my friend. How was I supposed to just suddenly hate him. My list of people that I hated was quite short:

1.Derek

2.Brooke

3.Julie

4.Brandon

And that was it. Four people. Not many and I like not hating people. Why would I want to hate Jason, one of my best friends? How could I hate him? He was the leader of werefoxes in Virginia and, I say again, my first friend. I was too stubborn to hate him anyway. I would miss making fun of him and him making fun of me. I would miss all of his horrible jokes.

And I still had to accept that he was being a jerk. How on earth do I still be friends with him but still be wary of his actions. He couldn't be trusted but I didn't want to not trust him. Now I'm not making sense. I feel like I'm just saying gibberish.

I sat in my room, petting Red and thinking about what I would have to do. Hate Jason, forget how weird he's been acting, or trust him but don't trust him...

Why is life so impossible?

After a few hours of trying to figure out weather or not to trust him, I decided to go downstairs and eat dinner. I had taken until 6:30 just trying to figure out what to do.

When I went down stairs I went straight for the kitchen. I opened the fridge, and that was when I heard the voices...okay no. I'm not crazy. That came out wrong. That's pretty sad considering that this whole thing is just an internal monologue. I heard voices coming from the other room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

Okay sorry for the long wait and short update. Next chapter is the last chapter but dont worry because there will be another book and i will try to finish at least most of it before posting it because i took way to long writing this one. I will also edit this one. Additionally, i will have a bit of the next book atthe end of this one once i write it and so be ready for that. Idk when though. Thanks for being great readers! I hope that i get 2k reads by the time i finish but probably not. lol whatever.