Twenty || Not The Same

"Come to the home game with me tonight." Ayesha said through the phone.

"Eesh, is that the best idea right now?" Lauren was hesitant.

"Come on Laur! You have to get out and enjoy yourself! Sitting around at home moping isn't going to help you. You're twenty-five years young, don't regret not making the most out of it." Ayesha sounded convincing.

"Ugh fine, fine." Lauren said, giving in.

"Yay!! Sydel and I will be over there at around four thirty." Ayesha said as they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Lauren took in a deep sigh. This was going to be her first time back at Oracle watching the Warriors play in over six months. She hadn't even seen half the team since. 

Chance was at work while Brooklyn was at school. Addy and Drew were spending the week with Klay.

Lauren knew Chance was going to pick Brooklyn up after work, because she would have left the house by then. At around two, the doorbell rang and Lauren opened it to her makeup artist, Joyce, her hair stylist, Jen, and her clothing stylist, Kyle.

"Oh my gosh! How are you guys?" Lauren exclaimed as she hugged every single one of them.

"Girl, the real question is, how are YOU? It's been nearly six months!" Joyce said, returning the hug.

"A lot has happened guys, hence the new setting." Lauren pointed to the house that they were currently in.

"That's right we were wondering about why you sent us a different address." Jen said as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I mean we've got time, so you can spill all the tea, girlie." Joyce said, as they all started setting up their stations.

"So, what roller coaster have you been on lately?" Joyce asked, as she primed Lauren's face, preparing to put on foundation.

Lauren began to explain the time where she saw Chance for the first time in years at the home game, Draymond being his drunk self and exposing Lauren's past, Lauren moving out and in with Chance, and up to the recent events that had just happened. After telling the full story, everyone was quiet.

"I know, I know. I brought this upon myself." Lauren sighed as she buried her face in her hands.

"Don't ruin your makeup." Joyce said, as she stopped Lauren from rubbing her face.

"At this point, I feel like I've dug myself a hole that I don't know how to get out of." Lauren groaned.

"Where do you see yourself being happy?"

"I don't know. I saw a side of Klay that I've never seen before, and it scared me. When I ran to Chance, it made me feel like I was home again. But at the same time, that's a past that I don't want to bring up." Lauren spilled out her feelings.

"I mean do you want to live in the past? You and Klay have grown so much these past couple of years, and it would be the worst if you just threw it all away." Joyce explained.

"I know, I'm just very very conflicted at this point." Lauren sighed.

"No matter what happens, make sure it's the decision that will make you happy." Joyce finished as Lauren thought long and hard about what she said.

The rest of the night was quiet, as Lauren got ready for the game. The car service came and picked Lauren up to take her to Oracle. It had been months since she's been to a home game and being back at the arena gave her a nostalgic feeling. She was overcome with flashbacks such as the time Klay and her made a bet that if he scored sixty points that game, he'd get to take her on a shopping spree in New York City. She also remembered the Warriors winning their championship on home court with KD's first ring. Another memory that popped up was taking Addy and Drew to home games and being welcomed with open arms by the fans. Lauren missed that lifestyle. But now things were different.

Lauren decided to wear an oversized hoodie and Gucci platform sneakers. She dressed down because she wanted to lay low and under the radar, not wanting anyone to recognize her despite all the media drama with Klay and Chance. She was greeted by Sydel and Ayesha and they were led to the suite that they were to watch the game in so the crowd wouldn't recognize any of them, especially Lauren.

The players were warming up on the court and Lauren felt her breath hitch when she saw Klay going through his normal shooting routine. She memorized his pre-game warm up by heart. However, she knew that Klay was in the middle of a shooting slump, because after all, it's hard to avoid reading his name on social media since he is one of the biggest basketball players in today's game.

The game began and all of the player introductions were being said. Lauren noticed something off about Klay as he was playing. She observed that he wasn't running as fast as normal, and it seemed like he wasn't one hundred percent focused on the game. It almost seemed like his mind was elsewhere. His shoulders made his body slump forward and his posture just wasn't there. It's either he bricked every shot he took, or just turned the ball over. Klay wasn't playing like the Klay Thompson that everyone knows and loves. Lauren was silent for most of the game, knowing that there was no way digging herself out of this hole, but she knew she needed to fix it.

"Ayesha, I need him back in my life." Lauren pleaded, whispering and crying out for help.

A/N: omg i have missed you all!!!! it has literally been more than a whole ass year since i've updated this book and i hope some of you day one readers still have this in your libraries!! i'm so so sorry it took me literally a whole year to update, i've just been super busy with everything, life and all. but i hope to get back to updating this book! let's get 50 votes before the next update? i hope you all have been doing amazing. thank you for all of your support! love u<3