Nineteen || I Don't Know

"You ok, Dray? We just came to pick Kamz up since we both have a flight to LA tomorrow for the Clippers game." Kyrie asks, waving his hand in front of Draymond's face to get attention.

"Uh, one second." Draymond panicked as he closed the door.

"Stephen..." Dray called out, his voice shaking.

"Who was that?" Steph whispered as he stepped out to the hallway that led to the front door.

"He's here." Draymond whispered as Steph's eyes widened.

"Chance?" He whispered as he stepped closer.

"Yeah, he's with Kyrie, him and Kamz are going to LA overnight." Draymond explained.

"Well then why did he tag along?" Steph shook his head as Draymond shrugged.

"Ugh well, this had to happen soon enough right?" Steph sighed as he walked up to the door.

"What are you doing?!" Draymond ran to the door.

"This won't be the easiest, but now's the time." Steph assured Draymond as he opened the door.

"Kyrie! My man!" Steph greeted Kyrie with their handshake.

"And you must be Chance." Steph flashed a toothy grin while he held out his hand to shake Chance's.

After that, Kyrie was carrying Drew's car seat, while Chance was carrying Brooklyn, Addy holding Chance's hand, as they walked in.

"I am. Nice to meet you, Mr. Curry." Steph was taken aback by his politeness.

"Please, call me Steph." He replied, knowing Chance was probably intimidated by him. He just nodded as Steph invited them into their home.

"Oh! We have guests!" Ayesha's eyes almost popped out of her head at the sight of Chance.

"Who is it?" Lauren asked as she looked over her shoulder.

"Oh, Kyrie, Chance!" Lauren's jaw dropped as she looked straight to Klay.

Klay's head shot up at the mention of Chance's name.

Lauren walked up to Kyrie and Chance, giving them both a hug. Klay's heart dropping at the sight of her hugging Chance.

"What are you doing here?" Lauren whispered into Chance's ear.

"Ky asked me if I wanted to come along, I didn't know he was here, sorry." Chance whispered as Lauren just nodded her head.

She bent down to hug her kids, all of them kissing back, except for Drew who was sound asleep in his car seat.

"Daddy!" Addy ran up to Klay and jumped into his arms.

"Baddy Addy! I missed you." Klay said, hugging his daughter tight. He picked her up, and saw the sight of Brooklyn. She had eyes that looked just like Chance, but had Lauren's lips.

Klay also went up to Drew and kissed his forehead.

"Missed you buddy." Klay whispered.

The room was in a totally awkward silence, the only sound was of Ayesha cooking.

No one knew really what to do at this point. Draymond was on his third beer, Steph was playing Fortnite with Klay, Kyrie and Kamila were playing Cards Against Humanity, and Lauren and Chance were just sitting there, watching Ayesha cook.

"We better get going, our jet leaves in an hour." Kyrie said, breaking the silence.

"Be safe, and good luck!" Lauren said as she hugged Kyrie and her little sister.

"I'll drive him home." Lauren assured Kyrie as they headed out the door.

"Bye Laur, I'll be back tomorrow night!" Kamila blew a kiss to her older sister.

"Bye Kamz. And go kick some Clipper butt!" Lauren said as Kyrie laughed, waving as they pulled off the driveway.

Lauren walked back into the house seeing Chance playing with Addy, Riley, Ryan and Brooklyn. Drew laying in Klay's arms as he was playing his video game.

"Hey Eesh, I think Chance and I are gonna head out." Lauren whispered.

"Are you sure you guys don't wanna stay for dinner?" Ayesha looked sad.

"This is the perfect time to talk this out, Laur. I know it's an uncomfortable situation, but it's supposed to be that way. You can't just keep pushing it away. You want a normal life for your kids right?" Ayesha said as she finished plating her food.

"Here, come with me." Ayesha whispered, handing Lauren a glass of her fruit cocktail, as they walked out to the backyard. They walked and sat down on the daybed next to the pool.

"So tell me girlie, what's on your mind." Ayesha said as they both got comfortable.

"Where do I even begin?" Lauren sighed, putting her face into her hands.

"Well, lets go with the million dollar question." Ayesha began.

"Do you still have feelings for Chance?" Ayesha asked.

There was a long silence as Lauren began to feel the tears brim her eyes.

"C'mon Laur, you can tell me anything." Ayesha rubbed Lauren's back, putting the emphasis on anything.

Lauren began sobbing as she nodded her head.

"I don't know what to do Eesh. I thought I was over him." Lauren tried to catch her breath.

"What made your feelings come back?" Ayesha asked.

"After I ran to him when Klay started to break everything at our house. When he got mad after that party where Draymond spilled the whole Brooklyn thing." Lauren explained, wiping her tears away.

"It made me realize that I truly loved him when I was younger. I was scared, hopeless, and didn't know anything when I was sixteen. I hadn't even finished high school, let alone college. I was working my way up to modeling, and basketball was always my backup plan. All of those were driven off the path when I had Brooklyn. Little did I know she was a blessing. Chance was there with me through everything. He didn't shy from the fact that he was going to be a father at seventeen. And just looking back at what we went through together got me thinking about everything when I came back to him that night. We didn't do anything, nothing was done at all, but just having him back into my life changes everything. To see that he never left Brooklyn's side even after I cut off all communications with them shows how much he cared. About me, and her. I don't know if I ever told you this, but he would write me letters, and send me pictures of Brooklyn as well as pictures of himself. I would attempt to write letters back, but I just felt horrible for leaving them, that I couldn't find the right words to say on paper." Lauren explained, Ayesha remembering the box of letters and pictures her and Steph uncovered in Lauren and Klay's closet.

"It's just hard because I love Klay, but I also love Chance." Lauren finished as she rested her head on Ayesha's shoulder.

"But I really just don't know what to do anymore." She breathed out.

"I know, it's hard, Laur. Anyone in this position is not gonna find it easy." Ayesha comforted her.

"We're gonna find a way to piece this back together." Ayesha assured Lauren as she rubbed her back, comforting her.

Author's Note:
Here y'all go! Another update!! I just came back from Mexico for spring break so I had some time to write on the plane! Comment what y'all think will/want to happen next! Pls don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all!!