Fourteen || Instagram

"Don't be ridiculous." Ayesha shook her head, brushing off the comment that Steph made.

"Don't believe me?" Steph gave her a look.

"Don't bullshit me, Wardell." Ayesha widened her eyes at her husband.

"Read it." Steph said, handed one of Lauren's unsent note to Ayesha.

Chance and Brookie,
I miss you both very much. Things are going well right now. Except for this stupid contract that won't make sense even if I explain it. I hope you two are doing well, I really do miss you guys. I've been trying to write letters since I started modeling, but I just can't find the right words. I don't know how else to say this, but I'll save it for another time. I love and miss you both with all my heart.

Love always,
Lauren (Brookie's mommy)

"This was when she signed the contract, what do you think she meant when she said 'I'll save that for another time?" Ayesha questioned.

"Read this one." Steph said, handing Ayesha a second note.

Chance and Brookie,
I don't know how to sugarcoat this, but mommy is having a baby. So that means you're going to have a sibling, Brookie! I know mommy hasn't always been there for you, but I'm positive that daddy is taking care of you. I stumbled upon some
old pictures, and I miss you both. I hope college is treating you well, Chancie. Don't work too hard, you're known for that. I miss you, and Brookie.

Love always,
Lauren

"These are sweet, but she's over Chance." Ayesha said.

"I saved the best one for last." Steph breathed out, holding out a pink piece of paper.

Ayesha was hesitant but opened it and began to read it.

Chance and Brookie,
Today is my wedding day, and I'm feeling super anxious.
1) I overslept
2) my dress isn't here yet
3) I miss you

I have a bunch of unwritten letters that I've just never had the guts to send. But this may be my last letter because, mommy is getting married, and I feel like it's time to move on. I love you both, and wish nothing but the best for you guys. Chance, no matter what, even if you never hear from me, know that I love you, and I always will. A part of me wishes to see your face at the other end of the aisle, but I guess some plans don't work out. You might hate me right now, since you haven't heard from me in years, but I just want to say, you both will always have a special place in my heart. I have to go now, mommy has a wedding to get through.

Love always,
Lauren

"Wow." Was all Ayesha could say.

"What if she does?" She whispered.

"There's like fifty more letters in that box up there, but I feel like we should stop snooping around after that one." Steph said.

"Just pretend that we never saw anything, okay Stephen?" Ayesha sighed.

"I wanna see who this Chance guy is." Steph said, pulling his phone out.

"Steph, we need to clean up." Ayesha sighed in frustration.

"That can wait, detective Curry needs to solve a case." Steph joked, lightening the mood.

"Fine." Ayesha chuckled, giving in.

"What's his full name?" Steph asked, opening the Twitter app.

"Ummm." Ayesha started as she looked at one of the envelopes.

"Chance Perez." She said, pointing to his name.

Steph typed the name into the twitter search bar, but nothing came up.

"Twitter gave me nothing." Steph pressed his lips together, exiting out of the app and clicking onto Instagram. He tapped the search button and entered Chance's name once again. Still no luck.

"He was at the one home game right? Maybe he follows you." Ayesha suggested, completely forgetting the purpose of them being at Klay and Lauren's house.

At this point, Steph and Ayesha were sitting on the floor of Klay and Lauren's gigantic walk-in closet, scrolling through Steph's Instagram.

Steph clicked onto his followers list and tapped on the search bar, typing Chance's name. The followers list was filtered down to an account that they were looking for.

"That's it! That's him." Ayesha's eyes widened as Steph tapped on the username. The profile revealed Chance, with posts about his daughter, family, and friends.

"Yup, that's Mr. Perez himself." Steph said, comparing the picture in Ayesha's hand to the one on Chance's profile.

"Look, he cropped Lauren out." Ayesha said, tapping on the picture of Chance and Brooklyn and her first birthday party."

"The comments are asking who's arm that belongs to." Steph said examining the post.

The Currys spent about a good hour and a half stalking Chance's Instagram profile.

"So he's got an older and younger sister, he dated this girl named Emma Smith for a year, he plays guitar, plays basketball, and lives in Long Beach." Ayesha said, listing out all the facts they have discovered during the time they were looking through his profile.

"Actually, he's here in Oakland." Steph said, viewing Chance's Instagram story. His story showed Brooklyn playing with her tea party set with a familiar face.

"No way." Ayesha said, as her and Steph examined the picture closely.

"That can't be-" Steph began.

"That's Addy." Ayesha breathed out.

"So that means, Lauren's been staying with Chance for the past couple of days." Steph said.

"This is too much information for me to handle let's get back to cleaning." Ayesha rubbed her temples and stood up, Steph still sitting on the floor. He was contemplating something before standing up. He took a deep breath and clicked the "follow" button on Chance's profile and sent him a direct message.

"Hey man, it's Stephen Curry. DM me when you get this." Steph typed and hit the "send" button before standing up.

"These cabinets aren't gonna clean themselves, Wardell." Ayesha sighed.

With that, Ayesha and Steph finished up cleaning up after Lauren and Klay.

"I hope we can fix this." Steph sighed.

"Me too, but this looks like it's gonna be harder than it looks." Ayesha whispered, pointing to the two wedding rings that were left on the shelf.

Author's Note: comments? Thoughts? Concerns? Rants? Lol feel free to express your thoughts in the comments. The drama is only going up from here, but I'm gonna warn you guys that Klauren will be crossing paths soon 👀👀👀 also, this week coming up is finals week so I have been studying my butt off lately. I'm so stressed but I managed to fit in an update for you guys! Hope you all enjoyed it! Also, my girl Dallas is gonna come out with a new Ben Simmons fic soon! But for now, go show her some love on her KD fic! Please don't forget to comment and vote! Love you all!❤️xoxoxoxo