Seventeen

Jack

8-27
      Today, Jack had decided to wake up early and do the chores for me. He said he wanted to be nice to me for all the work I had done for him, and this is how he was repaying me. We also had to redo his curls today due to them becoming limp and falling out. We had sat there for many hours, laughing in the kitchen about how ridiculous he looked, but how much it was worth it. The curls were apart of him, a remnant of his past. And speaking of past, he had a memory come back today, a faint one, but he could remember shouting and yelling. As I watched him cower in fear tonight, I knew I didn't want him doing that ever again.

I woke up to my alarm going off, signaling it was time to get up and ready. After the meeting about the will, Mr. Charet had left back to were he was deployed, leaving the main bedroom empty, and we decided to sleep in there.

I rolled over in my bed, groaning from being sore from yesterday, and decided to not get dressed yet. I reached over to Zach to wake him up, but I turned to not seeing him there. I furrowed my eyebrows and made my way over to the bedroom door, exiting the room and looking around the house for my boyfriend.

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw him cooking; an odd thing to see him doing. "Hi babe." He said as he saw me walk out of the room, continuing to flip the egg that was sitting on the frying pan. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek, pulling out two glasses and pouring us both cups of orange juice.

As I set the orange juice back into the fridge, I stared grimly at it's contents. "It's a shame that we have to waste all this food."

"Maybe we could ask Mr. Peters to take the food from the place? We probably won't visit again until we have another break." Zach said and I nodded at his words. I closed the door to the fridge and went into my room, grabbing my phone due to it not being on me. I reached over to the desk next to the table, dialing Mr. Peters number.

"Hey, Mr. Peters?" I asked him through the phone. "Do you think you might want the food at the house?"

"Sure thing," he said to me. "I'll stop by soon to pick it up as well as the animals."

"Okay well," I looked around the messy room, seeing that we had to pack and clean yet. "We may be gone by then. There is a spare key under the doormat though."

"Thanks Jack." He uttered to me. "See you later, if you still are there."

"You too." I said and hung up. I brought my phone with me back into the kitchen. I saw Zach setting out two plates, setting the food he had just made onto them for us to feast on. I gave him a grin and a peck on the lips as I sat down to eat.

I saw Zach eyeing me so I smirked. "You like what you see?" I asked. Zach burst out laughing from the cheesy line and blushed.

"Maybe. Now hurry up and get dressed and packed. We leave in a few hours." He said. I rolled my eyes at his words.

"Says the one who takes about an hour in the bathroom." I ate the rest of my food and cleaned my plate before setting it back onto the stack of other plates. Zach did the same and as soon as he finished we both reported back to the room we had just spent the night in.

As Zach walked, I saw a slight limp and I smiled and turned to go put my things away and get dressed. I grabbed out a hoodie and ripped black jeans and put them on with a pair of black vans. I brought a hand up to my curly hair, running it through. I really needed it permed again.

"Jack," Zach said from his spot on the bed. "Start packing. We leave in an hour and a half." I groaned and started neatly folding things into my bag, being the neat boy I was, while Zach was only finished because he threw all of his essentials and clothing into his bag halfheartedly.

I set my last thing into my bag before we heard a honk outside the house. That was either Mr. Peters to pick up the animals, or Kori to bring us back to the airport. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room, spotting Kori's car from the window.

"Zach! She's here!" He bounded out of the room with his bag, and I swear I heard a soft, "Ow," come from Zach.

We made our way to the car. Setting our bags on one side of the car as Zach got into the back and I sat passenger. Zach had pulled out his phone, plugging it into the auxiliary cord to play some of his music. I looked over to Kori and made small talk with her as she drove to the airport.

Halfway through the ride, I had pulled out my phone and decided to go on Snapchat, and I started sending people back a picture of Zach and I. Soon enough, I decided to post something on my story. I started video taping Zach and I and I said, "Zach. I love you."

Zach and I said, "I love you more," back and forth until Kori decided to say, "Just get married already!"

I turned the camera to me and winked, the looked back to Zach. The video ended and I put it on my story, smiling as I rewatched it.

"I wasn't joking. Seriously. Just get married already." She said. I laughed and turned to look at her.

"Kori, Zach turned eighteen three months ago, and I am twenty. Not yet." Kori sighed and glared at me.

"Zach was fifteen when the band started, and you are worried about him getting married at eighteen? He had over a million people who knew him at sixteen!" Kori argued. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Zach as he watched us quarrel. He was smiling and laughing— he was happy and so was I.

It has been one year and 4 months since the beginning of the first book for y'all who are confused.

And to the group saying Zach should be bottom got their wish.

OH AND I HAVE A NEW BOOK IDEA THAT I A WRITING RIGHT NOW SO IF YOU ARE A JONAH GIRL I HAVE A JONAH BOOK FOR YOU— no details about it yet though except that it's name is "Fourteen Days".

^^SHOULD I POST IT OR WAIT?^^

Word Count: 1160