Twenty-Five

Jack

I was walking to the park with Zach, Reece, and Isla. We decided to go after breakfast making it a long while until the girls had to be back. While we were getting ready, the others doing heaven knows what around the house or even town.

"Reece look!" Isla stopped to point to a rose bush that sat in a nicely potted plant that lined the roads and sidewalks. They both looked at it before they got lost into their own world again and started talking and walking to the park.

"When we have our own child, you know how sad I will be if we ever neglect it? Don't finish that." He just shook his head softly as he gazed at the two girls in front of us.

"Jack, do you think I will be a good dad?" Zach blurts out. I halt to a stop as he continues, but he quickly stops when he sees me behind him. His eyes held worry, making me sorrowful for the boy.

"Zach, you are already an amazing older brother to both your family and mine. You could never make a bad father if you even tried to. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if when we retire and you become a school teacher or daycare person. You'll make the best father ever." Zach grinned at me and wrapped me in a bone crushing embrace.

"Thank you Jack." Zach says before pulling away.

"Hurry up slow pokes! We can see the park from here!" Reece yelled at us making us finally get a move on to the park. As soon as they reached the grass of the park, they bolted off at lightning speed towards the park apparatus.

Zach and I slowly made our way onto the park, our eyes glued on the two girls we had walked here. They were already making friends, something that seemed to be natural for them. Zach and I sat down on a bench next to the park, watching the girls play.

"You know, I've been thinking, how about for our wedding we rent a beach house and have a wedding on the beach?" Zach asked without looking at me and a smile crossed my face.

"That sounds beautiful. I love it." I commented and he smiled before turning to me.

"Thank you. I saw it while scrolling through Instagram or something like that." Zach mentioned, looking away to see the kids playing tag at the park. We both sat there quietly until both girls raced off to the swings.

When they got there, one was already occupied by a little boy and a girl pushing the swing. Zach and I, deciding to stay close go the two little girls, got up and started walking over to the swing set. Before we made our way over, our hands interlocked and I could see a small blush on Zach's face as we approached the swings.

All was fine and dandy until there was a shout. "Fags." My head whipped around to face the woman who used to he pushing the swing the boy sat in, but now had stopped and was staring at us.

"Wh-what did you call us?" Zach's voice quivered at the harsh word and I immediately felt bad for the scared boy.

"I said, 'Fags'," she said again, grabbing her son from the swing. "See Wesley, you want to steer clear of these boys, or anyone like them. They- they have a disease."

"Lady, I would appreciate it if you didn't choose something common that your child will most likely see a lot to downgrade. I mean, at least two hundred eighty million people are gay." I spoke up smartly just to earn a scowl back.

"You little girls better run away from your brothers here. They're messed up." The woman spoke.

"Well," Isla stated. "They weren't doing anything to harm you so you have no reason to be rude to them." She stated, crossing her arms and glaring at the woman. The woman turned and started walking away but stopped and turned back, as if she had more to say.

"You guys belong in hell so go there." I rolled my eyes before going over to Isla and then turning to face the woman again.

"Well, I'll meet you there." I said and then grabbed Isla's hand. "C'mon guys, I think we have been at the park long enough." We started our own way from the park, dismissing the "shut up" that came from the woman.

We quickly made our way home, refusing to make small talk between each other. The woman's words had triggered a memory both Zach and I shared, and   maybe Reece too. I could tell it affected Zach and Reece a lot more than me due to the everlasting action from it.

I watched my little sister try interacting with Reece, only to see a frown appear on her face when she didn't get an answer back. It was saddening seeing her so sad.

I turned to see Zach walking with his head down. By the time we were close to the house, Zach took off towards the house, the two girls already in the yard.

"Zach!" I yelled, chasing after the boy. I made my way into the house, only to see Jonah, Corbyn, and Ryan playing Fortnite. They were looking in the direction of the stairs before turning to me.

I dismissed them and raced after Zach up the stairs. I could hear sobs coming from our bedroom door, and I immediately walked over and knocked before pushing the door open.

Zach was sitting on the edge of our bed with his head in his hands. I frowned and walked over to him and attempted to wrap my arms around him only for him to push me away.

"Zach- What's wrong baby boy?" I said, only for him to bring his head up and give a soft glare.

"Me. I'm the problem. We are the problem." He said shakily. "Why- Why do we have to deal with all of this because we like the opposite of normal people? Hell, you know how many fans are 'supportive' of me because they don't want to be rude to me to seem fake?" Zach shook his head, tears slipping from his eyes. "We lost a ton of followers because of me, and only me. Not only followers, but fans."

"That woman really gave me a wake up call." He said after pausing for a second. "We are just fuck ups-"

I quickly leaned into the boy, shutting his words up with a kiss. I pulled away quick after before bringing a hand up to his face, resting it on his cheek as my thumb caressed his cheek.

"We aren't like that. We are only different. A good different. But really, what's so different? We both are loving who we love, am I right?" I leaned in and kissed his neck before setting my forehead on his shoulder.

"If they want their own rules, oh well. It's okay to break rules sometimes."

This chapter is everywhere. (Like my lane)

Anyway, I have been running on 2 hours of sleep for 32 hours so I will finally sleep for once.

And to those who know about my recent situation, I've been keeping safe incase I actually am (but I have doubt I do). I literally refused a wrestling thing with my friends because I am trying to be safe.

For those who don't know, wish me some luck.

Word Count: 1260