Chapter twenty six

Rubin's pov

The broken boy I call my friend is sleeping soundly as I slip out of the hotel room we are in. I've left him a note so he won't think I've abandoned him. Poor thing thought I'd hate him and turn my back on him after hearing his tragic tale but that won't happen. Ever. I'll find that fucking sick bastard and I will put an end to this shit. And I don't intend to do this alone. Time to get this crap sorted out.

As soon as the taxi pulls up at the house Bru is out the door like a puppy waiting on their masters return and I'm smothered in kisses and apologies. I know he feels bad enough so I don't leave him suffer any longer "it's ok babe. I mean this when I say it though, once more, just once more and I won't come back. Now we need to get inside and I need to kick ass". This makes him laugh.

"You don't need to Jackie Chan. He knows how bad he fucked up and no one can make him feel worse than he already does". I'm so fucking relieved to hear this. That boy needs us right now even though these two dopes messed up badly. "I'm so sorry baby. All that stuff I said to you and to Enzo.... I'm a bastard. I'll make it up..." I shut him up by kissing the ever loving shit out of him. He doesn't complain. He backs me up against the gate and pushes his midsection against mine. He's really happy to see me it seems. Right there outside the house we dry hump like bunnies but I don't give a fuck. I missed my man.

"Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt but I need your help. Please" a haunted, broken, voice speaks and the sorrow in the words halts all action immediately. I break away from the sexy beast that's clinging to me and am instantly horrified at the sight of Markus. If you could describe a broken man then that's what I'm looking at. Bru was right he doesn't need me to lecture him he's seen how wrong he was. I can only imagine how he's going to feel when he hears Enzo's tale. Christ we're going to need to be there for him big time.

"Come here" is all I say and he falls into my arms sobbing. "How could l? How could I automatically believe him and not ask the right questions. I just blindly went with what I was told. My poor love he will hate me forever" he cries out in despair. I don't answer because he's not really asking. We lead him inside and give him time to compose himself. Self loathing is harder than anything anyone else could inflict on you. He's broken his own heart along with his lovers and that a hard pill to swallow.

"You both really fucked up. I've learned exactly who that fucking pig is and I'm warning you both that when you hear the story you're not going to be happy. It will also make you both feel like utter shit for the way you acted last night. I'm not telling you that to make the situation worse, I'm just stating facts is all. Now before I even think about bringing you to him or vice verse you both need to tell me where your heads are at because none of you are getting near my best friend unless I know. I can tell you now, he did nothing wrong and I can see you feel bad but do you know and believe that that's the truth?".

They better think about their answers because they are not getting within one foot of that boy if they answer wrong.