I pouted, not wanting her to leave just yet.

“Why?”

“Because Mummy said I had to brush my teeth first before I can see Dee,” she explained and then without having time to understand fully, she gave me a toothy smile and then swiftly left the room with soft steps like a little ballerina.

I was left staring at the place she was standing moments ago until I felt a slight tug on my waist.

I moved my sleeping position so I was now face to face with a sleeping Drake. My shoulder throbbed painfully at the movement but I could hardly care when my attention was solely focused on Drakes lips.

My God! What is wrong with me? My hormones were clearly more in control of me than I liked.

I looked away, putting my attention on the closed white door. I had zoned out, staring at it until I felt my vision go slightly unfocused.

“Is my door that interesting?”

I jumped slightly at the amused voice coming from the person lying next to me.

“Don’t ever...do that again,” I huffed, my heart still beating fast at Drake for suddenly speaking up or maybe it was just the normal effect he had on me. I didn’t want to go into it.

“Did I scare you?” he smirked.

 “You don’t scare me Drake,” I smirked back.

He raised one eyebrow. “Is that so?”

“It is indeed,” I replied.

Then all of sudden the mood shifted from Drakes next words, “You should be though.”

His voice was void of any emotion, his face expressionless and I felt cold as Drake moved away from me, stopping any form of physical contact. I frowned as I sat up with him, not caring if I had the worst bed hair going on, which I knew I most probably did.

“Would you ever hurt me?” I asked quietly, staring at the wall in front of me, just like he was.

“Never,” not even a heartbeat had passed before Drake answered. There was something about his voice when he said it, full of confidence and conviction.

I wasn’t a fool, people hurt others without even knowing but I wasn’t a pessimist either, and the goose bumps on my arms told me that I liked hearing that answer and I really wanted to believe it.

I didn’t need to hear anything more in this moment. It was enough for now.

“Can I use the bathroom please?” I asked still not looking at him; afraid I’d see that blank look on his face. I hated it, even after knowing what happened in that alley, I still felt my heart drop at the prospect of losing him.

We humans have a funny way of dealing with things. We judge and complain and we forgive and forget but we remember the bad more than the good and yet deep down without even realising, we cling to the hope that it’ll all work out in the end because we silently believe fate meets with destiny to solve the problems that make up our lives.

I shook my head.

“Yeah it’s just down the hall,” he said.

I went to freshen up. My shoulder was still hurting but it’s not like it was my first time. I didn’t like screaming out my pain for everyone to rush over and splash their sympathies to me. It was pointless.

Walking back into Drakes room, I realised he was already downstairs since his bed was made up. I was guessing he used the other bathroom to freshen up himself.