20

Zia POV

By the end of the fight, I feel exhausted and drained. All I want to do is eat something and then sleep for about a week. Carter and I arrived closer to the end of the battle, I can't imagine what those who have been fighting the whole time feel like but I think I can guess that they're all a lot more drained than me as a few of them passed out almost immediately after we won.

"I know that you all want to rest for the moment and that's what you all deserve, but this won't have gone unnoticed and it's best that we get out of here before someone starts to question what happened. Anyone who is able to, can you help move anyone who is unconscious to Freak", Carter looked so tired and I just wanted to tell him to sleep so he could renew his strength but I knew he was right and that we should all move now before we were stuck here and being questioned by the authorities.

I close my eyes to try and muster the last of my strength to help move those that were on the ground. Carter wrapped his arms around me, "You okay?" I murmur "Yeah, but I'll be better once I get some sleep." He kissed my cheek before going to help Jaz.

I sigh before looking around to see where I'm needed. I happen to glance at the edge of the room and see someone on the floor, I rush over to see who it is. I'm shocked to see that it's Sadie. I try to rouse her a bit to make moving her easier, but I don't get any response. I start to panic before I check her pulse. I find it there but very, very weak. 

"Walt, can you come and help me?" I almost yell as he comes into the room. He looks around before locating who asked and walking over to me. He sees Sadie and assumes the worst. "Is she-" I cut him off before he can finish, "She has a pulse but it's just weak and I can't get any response from her. I'm guessing she really exhausted herself while fighting, but if we get her to Jaz she'll be able to help." He noticeably calms down throughout the course of me speaking and when I'm done he swiftly picks up Sadie. We make our way to where Freak is getting ready to head back to Brooklyn House.

Carter POV

I see Walt and Zia walk towards Freak side by side. I also see that Walt is carrying someone with blonde hair. I run towards them and I'm proved right as I see that it's my sister. Zia sees my face and reassures me that Sadie will most likely be fine but to be safe we should get Jaz to check her. I look back to the crowd of people and was relieved to see that Jaz hadn't gone back on any of the earlier trips that Freak had made. "JAZ!" I shout waving her to come over. "What is it?" she hurries over to us and then she sees Sadie. "Lie her on the floor and I'll check her. But we have to leave soon as Julian said that on his way back with Freak he saw police cars heading in this direction."

Zia and I go to help move the last few people while Walt stayed with Jaz and Sadie. By the time we make it back to Freak, the sound of sirens can be heard approaching. Once we're all on the boat Freak takes off dragging it behind him heading in the direction of the 21st Nome.