15

A/N: My favourite moment of the year so far is when my religion teacher brought in a nerf gun to represent something I can't remember and the boys who do religion with me realise that I could actually hurt them if I wanted to. I'm not just the quiet girl in the back of the classroom.

Carter POV

I've been on edge the whole day because of my dream. What if someone here is an imaginary person? What if I'm an imaginary person and I don't even know it? What if I'm the only one who isn't an imaginary person? Are there even such things as imaginary people?

I just need to calm down. I'm getting way to worked up about something that was mentioned in a dream that may not even be real.

"CARTER!!" my sister screams in my face. She must've been trying to get my attention for a while now. "Yes. What do you want?" She rolled her eyes as she spoke, "You looked like you weren't paying attention to what I was saying which is really important." Why is she so annoying? What did I do to deserve a sister like her? "I'm sorry. I'm listening now, what were you saying that was so important?" Sadie looks so done with me at the moment. Walt, who's sitting next to her, looks like he's trying not to laugh and Zia, who just joined us, looks like she has no clue as to what is going on. Sadie finally speaks again, "I was saying that those of us going to the museum tomorrow should probably get to sleep now, and I was about to tell everyone. But you weren't listening to me so I thought I should let you know." She dramatically flips her hair over her shoulder.

"I'm not even going to the museum tomorrow!"

"You still weren't listening to what I was saying!"

"Aren't you going to tell them then?" I asked so she would stop talking to me.

She glares at me before walking away to tell those that are going tomorrow. After she's out of earshot, Walt starts laughing before standing up to go to bed.

I look at Zia and see that she's still confused. I let out a short laugh at her facial expression before, I too, stand up and offer her my hand.

"Even though we're not going, we should still probably go to sleep now."

She takes my hand and pecks my cheek. 

"Ok", she replies and pulls us up the stairs to our rooms.