12

Carter POV

Walt and I finished talking about random things that need doing around the 21st nome and walked over to Zia and Sadie sitting on some couches. When I say sitting, I mean Zia was sitting down and Sadie was rolling around on the floor laughing.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask my sister sitting down next to Zia who turns to me when I speak. I rest my head on her shoulder, her hair tickling my cheek.  "Stop laughing and get up!" Walt tells Sadie, nudging her continuously with his foot.

This goes on for a while until Sadie can pull herself together and calm down. She gets up off the floor and sits on the couch opposite Zia and me with Walt. I'm still being cautious around her, but I don't think she will 'attack' me tonight. Which I am very glad of.

"Stop it! Why can you never sit still?" Walt looks at Sadie. "Because she's hyperactive all the time" I answer him. Zia smiles and continues to eat her dinner. "I am not!" retorts Sadie. "Fine. Your not hyperactive all the time, just most of the time. And when you're not hyperactive, you're being sarcastic." "I can be serious", she says before adding, "Sometimes."

*Time Skip (because what else can I make them do?)*

Sadie yawns. We've been talking about stuff all for the past couple of hours and are all tired. The Great Room has hardly anyone in it now compared to at dinner when it was full of people and talking. "Come on, time for bed", Walt tells Sadie. "But I'm not tired", she replies, yawning and trying to keep her eyes open. She ends up agreeing with him, and they make their way up to bed. "We should go to bed now too", I say looking at Zia. She stands up and stretches. "Ok, come on then", she offers her hand and pulls me up. We make our way up the stairs slowly.

We reach her door first but she looks afraid to go in, lie she wants to say something. "Zia? Are you ok?" I ask slightly concerned. "Yeah", she says reaching for the door handle. I take her hand, "Do you want to say something?" She looks almost embarrassed. "I'm not going to judge you", I tell her looking into her eyes and smiling a tiny bit. "I'm scared" she whispers. "Of what?" I'm worried now. "That the nightmares are going to come back!" I take her hand and lead her into to my room. "Do you want to stay with me for tonight?" She nods, sinking down onto my bed. "How about you go and get ready for bed then come back here?" "Ok" she sounds almost relieved.

*Time Skip*

We lie in my bed. I have my arms wrapped around her and she's snuggled in against my chest, her breath warm against my bare skin. I kiss her forehead, "Goodnight Zia" "Goodnight", she mumbles on the verge of sleep. 

A/N: Two updates on the same day. Wow, I didn't know I had it in me.