16

Sadie POV

"OK, everyone. Are we ready to leave or do I have to wait any longer?" There's a mumble of 'yeses' and 'I'm ready'. I turn and open the door. "Follow me then. Don't get lost. Don't freak anyone out or draw anyone's attention. Tell me if you see a monster. Don't get hit by any cars." I walk out without waiting for an answer and start towards the museum with a group of tired magicians trailing after me trying to not get left behind by the group.

"Where's Carter?" asks one of the newest recruits. I think her name is Jane, though I'm not really sure.  "He stayed at Brooklyn house cause he didn't want to come." She replied with a small oh as she went to talk to her friends.

Someone intertwined their fingers with mine. I looked up and smiled at Walt before crossing the street.

Zia POV

I wake up to silence. I look at the time and see that it's later than I normally wake up. It's then that I realise that Carter isn't here. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep with me last night. I dismiss the negative thoughts that start to gather in my mind, it's too early. I get ready and go to get something for breakfast. It's so peaceful when there's no one here. I wonder what time they're getting back.

As I'm walking I hear soft music coming from somewhere. I follow it and open a door. Carter is sitting at the piano. He doesn't notice me as I walk up behind him.

He smiles at me as I sit next to him on the stool. I listen as he finishes the piece he's playing.

"I didn't know you could play the piano", I say as he pulls me into a hug.

"I've known how to play for a long time. I just never have the time to play anymore." he murmurs into my shoulder. He pulls away just enough so that I can see his face. "Have you had breakfast?" he questions me.

"I haven't had the chance yet", I reply honestly. He pulls me up and heads towards the door, "Let's go eat then."

A/N: I feel bad for saying I'm back and then leaving again. As I said I was busy and I had writer's block. I had assessments to do because my school is evil and decides to put everything at the same time. Then I had a big concert thing that I did and stuffed up and dropped my prop one of the times they were filming it to put on tv so I had to pretend like nothing was wrong, but people would only see it if the camera was on me at the time which I don't think it was. I then got sick after that and couldn't think because I had a stupid headache. As well as my teachers thinking that giving us projects at the end of the year would be "fun". I've also been working on another story. But I have a few days left of school, so I'll hopefully be able to update more.