Chapter One

Chapter one

------------------------ ()-----------------------------

Matilda's p.o.v (point of view)

"I'm up.I'm up! Getting up by this time should be illegal. I hate school f*ck whoever invented education" i rubbed my eyes for a clearer view.

I crawl out of bed into my bathroom to have my bath and wash my mouth.

In minutes i go into my closet.

yes! I have a closet only child advantage.

I quickly put it on a black sleeveless shirt and Jean pants.

I leave my closet with a pair of adidas superstar snickers in my hands, sliding my feet into them while seated on my bed. After much contemplating, I apply a little bit of makeup.

I spin on my heels towards the door exiting  my room oblivious to my bed head hair  before my mom bumps into me with wide eyes signaling me to fix my hair. I thank her and quickly run a comb through my nested hair.

"mom! You saved me, I would have gone to school looking like a cave woman...good morning by the way" I placed a warm kiss on  mom's left cheek.

I should probably introduce"mom"- Susan Winston.

"you're welcome honey, good morning! now have breakfast quickly you're 5 minutes late for school already" she said, plating my breakfast, while adding peanut butter on My bread slices.

Devouring my  peanut butter sandwiches into my mouth was quite adventurous. I grabbed my keys from the a bowl of the counter.

***

Grrrr! The tardy bell rings as I run through the hallways to my locker to grab my books and walked into the classroom . There was an awkward silence as soon as I walked into the classroom. I acknowledged my teacher before  quickly  taking  my seat next to some  hot jock who's currently asleep.

I look up to read what subject is written on the board.

"M-m-math?!" I stuttered with a scowl on my face.

Really, I hoped and prayed to a higher power that math would be deleted from Webster high curriculum.

The math teacher Mr. Wilkerson;
Mr. Wilkerson : an Australian fat man with a huge belly, quite tall and borrrrriiiiinnnggg!

"have something to share with the class, Ms. Winston? " Mr Wilkerson questions with a Stern look.

I shake my head in disapproval.

"surprise test everyone! tayke away your phones and keep with you only you pencil maytes" Mr Wilkerson announced

*peek the accent*

Students began to comply to his instructions with a grudge but I stiffen in my chair wide eyed and jaw dropped. Janette  walks to me and snaps her finger in my face snapping me out of shock.

(Janette Hampton :my bestie)

Everyone is settled for the test well not quite. Mr Wilkerson distributes our work sheets and sets a timer for 30 minutes.

***

"hey Mat,how was your test? " Janette sends me smile.
I just shake my head indicating it went terribly.

We chatted about the test and other classes as we strode to the cafeteria for lunch. We join the queue. Took  our lunches and sat at our table, crowded with our  jocks and cheerleaders friends.

-

I was quiet for the rest of the school period. Still thinking about my test. I hope I don't get an f.

After school, I drive Jane and I home. we live a block away from  each other, and choose to go home together when I drive to school or we join the guys (jack, Jordan, Kyle, Will, Kendrick and Stacy) .

"come on it's just one test and I'm sure it wasn't that bad" Janette assures me

"yeah easy for you to say, I mean you are well groomed in that subject and you'll definitely ace the test" i shrug.

"okay okay, then how about getting tutored ? " she shoots me a sympathetic smile.

" no way, I cherish my leisure time if you don't know, I don't see why I should leave school and go to another school "i  tune to a station on the  radio hoping it would make this conversation go away.

We pull up at Janette's driveway in ten minutes

"I'll spend the rest of the afternoon with you, mom's working late today and dad's still not back yet, it's been two months already, I'm kinda worried " i pass  a worried look but shove it off as we walk into Jane's house .

"yup! Home alone again" Janette whoops and jumps around

"so does this mean we could have some boys over?... You know let loose a little" i say with an evil grin playing on my lips.

"uhm sure, the schedule on the refrigerator says my family will be home by 10pm " Janette yells from the kitchen.

I take out my phone and dial a few hot jocks and some cheerleaders and a few regulars.
...let's party!

***
"I'm headed home ,today was fire! I'll see you tomorrow Jane" I wave Jane good bye as I exit the Hamptons home half way drunk.

I pull up in my drive way and mom's car isn't here . I mange to get into my house without stumbling much,I storm upstairs and collapse in bed.

Urgh I'm gonna get a hangover.

(edited : Nov 6th, 2018)
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter feel free to leave a comment in the comment box provided... Hope you love the characters  😊😊