Chapter 39

"I love you too," I confessed when I pulled my head back to look him in the eyes, "I love you so much, you have no idea. And you're not an idiot, Harry. It's okay to look out for me and I love that you're always there to protect me, but sometimes you need to let me learn from my mistakes. I know my mum, I know she regrets what she did and you have to give her a chance. If she hurts me, it is what it is and I'll deal with that when it happens. It's all about takings risks, love."

Harry slotted his lips with mine in a silent end of discussion and it was impossible to be closer with him in any way. We were together and in love, no matter how much of an idiot Harry was sometimes. He's an idiot I'll always love, no matter what and if we ended up kissing and holding each other tight in bed, well...that's for us to know.

--

Y'know, after the night I had yesterday, where Harry told me he loved me and I him, you'd think I'd be skipping around the office in pure joy and annoy everyone around me because I'd be all giggles, but boy was I wrong.

Maybe it was the fact that I felt extra happy and actually energetic to work today that made everyone around me seem more...less excited, but it didn't matter to me anyways. I did my job, was extra polite today and I actually paid attention to Ryan's dull stories, which were exactly that, but obviously someone had rain on my fucking parade.

No other than Cassie to catch me being productive while mid-working on yet another report, only to spit out snide comments about how much of a piece of shit I was. I mean, she didn't say it like that, she was definitely careful about how she worded it out, but the insult hit the same and it made me fucking furious. 

The way that smirk stuck on her face, the eloquent way she held herself up in and the damn clicking of her red bottoms made my stomach bubble with frustration and I've just about had it. It was bad enough Harry couldn't do something about it, as my boss and my boyfriend (believe me, I've tried everything it'd take to normally have my way), but having to deal with this kind of childish behavior was doing my head in and I couldn't keep it in any longer. I needed to fucking vent.

In a haste, I turned off my computer and didn't even bother to clean up my desk, not because I was messy - at least not at work - but because I really couldn't be arsed to waste time cleaning up when it was urgent for me to speak to Harry.

With that being said, I stomped over to his office and burst open the glass door only to, embarrassingly enough, find it empty.  I was confused at first because during this time of the day, Harry was usually here working, but then it clicked that he had to leave for an urgent meeting about an hour ago, which he texted me about, hence why I was now standing at the door of his empty office like an idiot.

I groaned out of frustration and shut the door behind me as I left, or at least tried to since it's made of glass and it, like, takes forever to close. But that's beside the point. What mattered right now was that I needed to let my frustrations out and, as if it was a wacky coincidence, I got a text from Beth, which I didn't even bother read. Instead, I ran to the bathroom, as if I was about to shit myself, and locked myself into one of the three empty stalls. I was glad I was alone in here too, since I really wanted to  vent with everything I had in me and I didn't want anyone overhearing me talk shit.

My fingers clicked away on my phone and quickly enough, my phone was right by my ear as I angrily bit on my nails, that were already as blunt as they could be. In my defense, I tried growing them out, but maybe somethings aren't meant to happen. I'll leave Hannah to have pretty nails, not me.

The phone only rang twice before a very confused Beth answered with a measly 'Hello?' followed by an outburst from me.

"I can't fucking take this anymore," I angrily hushed into my phone. It wasn't the best place to make an angry phone call, but I really couldn't be arsed to wait until my lunch time to call my best friend, I was desperate to let it all out.