Chapter 7

I was walking rather hurriedly back to the office but something made my head turn to the left, where I saw Mr. Styles leave a fancy looking restaurant with a massive and incredibly charming smile on his face, with one hand placed on the lower back of a beautiful woman with the blonde locks of an angel and a red dress that fit her slim figure perfectly. They were smiling and laughing together and suddenly I wasn't feeling as hungry as I was. My heart felt heavy as it pumped rather quickly and without knowing what else to do, I kept on walking to the building and hid away in my desk, eating some beef lo mein and trying to understand why that god-awful sight bothered me so much.

----

Today was the day. My black duffel bag was packed and all ready for a two hour plane ride (A/N: not sure if thats how long it is but pretend ok? its fanfiction lmao) and I checked twice before leaving the shelter than I had everything I needed: a suit, underwear, socks, toiletries, my pajamas, and extra clothes in case I needed some. Plus, the plane tickets and other formalities that would get me murdered if I forgot about them.

I had been waiting in front of the coffee shop for no less than four minutes before a shiny, expensive looking Range Rover parked right in front of me. The large, buff man who was driving got out of his seat only to open the door for me, which wasn't really necessary since I was about to do it myself before he put his hand in front of mine and did it for me. Nonetheless, I thanked him. He took my duffel bag and put it in the trunk as I managed to step inside the tall car and sit next to my boss, save for the empty seat in the middle.

"Good morning, Louis," He spoke. He was wearing some Armani sweatpants and a Gucci hoodie and some expensive looking sneakers. I wasn't expecting to see him dress so...casually since I was so used to seeing him in suits that looked more expensive than the previous. Granted, his casual wear probably cost more than everything I owned.

"Good morning, sir," I replied. My voice still had traces of sleep in it and I was afraid he'd notice, so I discreetly coughed to clear my throat a little.

"Sleep well?" He smirked. I blushed and nodded at his question without looking at him in the eye, "Good, I can't have you yawning all day."

The rest of the car ride to the airport was quiet and a little awkward. I was still bothered by seeing Mr. Styles with that beautiful woman yesterday and I just wanted to erase that memory from my head but I couldn't, so I just pressed my head against the window and watched the road with drops of rain slowly starting to fall. While I watched two droplets race each other on the window, I felt someone's gaze on me, but I couldn't find it in me to turn my head and stare back at my boss.

---

"Good morning, everyone," The intercom rang through the entirety of the plane, "This is your pilot speaking, we're about to lift off so please put on your seatbelts and stay seated. Thank you."

Since I was the one who arranged the plane tickets, I thought it was quite odd that Mr. Styles didn't have a private jet, at least that I was aware of. He was extremely wealthy and I'm sure than a plane would hardly even cause a dent in his bank account. So being that we were in a regular plane, I made sure to get first class tickets to ensure comfort for both of us. I was pretty sure he wouldn't be so happy with me if I got regular seats that are usually quite stiff, or so I've heard, and probably way too uncomfortable for someone who was probably used to the luxuries in life.

Luckily enough, not a lot of people were in first class along with us. I never had been on a plane before and being stuck with a bunch of people in an iron flying car seemed a little too claustrophobic for me.

Half an hour had gone by rather slowly and I wasn't less worried the plane was somehow going to crash and burn in flames. I envied how relaxed Mr. Styles looked, with his eyes closed and body slumping backwards against the cushioned seat. I might've been glancing at him one second too long since he peeked open his eyes and curiously glanced at me.