Chapter 4

"Tiring," I muffled into my pillow. I could barely keep my eyes open and luckily, Beth took the hint.

"Alright then," She smiled, "I'll let you rest. Don't get too comfortable though, I'll bother you before you leave for work tomorrow."

"I'll hold that against you."  I called out as she started to walk out the room. I heard her giggle as she closed my door, leaving me to my own privacy. Deciding that I was in desperate need of some sleep, I put on my pajamas and dozed off as soon as my head hit the pillow.

----

As soon as I walked into the outstandingly fancy building, I was met with Cassies' way too energetic self walking up to me. I was here earlier than yesterday, only because I couldn't risk my job after yesterdays threat from my intimidating boss.

"Good morning, Louis!" She said, "Here's your new work phone. It's a blackberry and pretty easy to use, I'm sure you'll get used to it. There you'll find Mr. Styles' schedule, appointments and emails regarding him. I suggest you learn how to manage that as soon as you can."

"Oh, uh...Thanks?" I said unsurely, "Does everyone have one of these?"

I was walking alongside Cassie, who was walking at a faster pace than I. Her high heels clicked over the crystal white marble tiles, which made her look more powerful and authoritative.

"Of course!" She said as if it was obvious, "Mr. Styles was very insistent on separating our jobs from our personal lives so even though you're allowed to use your personal phone, it's easier to use the Blackberry."

"Okay," I nodded in understandment. I kept walking alongside her, listening and trying to keep up with new information about what I'm supposed to do when we finally stopped in front of Mr. Styles' office.

"Alright! I hope you got all that!" She smiled, "Now, be sure to go to Mr. Styles' office every morning, even if he doesn't need anything. That rarely happens so don't get too comfortable. Just go inside and do what I told you to."

With an unsure nod, I processed everything she told me and stepped in so I was in front of the glass door leading to Mr. Styles office. Even though the walls and door were made of glass, you couldn't really see what was inside other than a blob of colour and bluriness. I suppose this gave Mr. Styles the privacy he wanted.

Anyways, to avoid making the same mistake as last time, I knocked on the glass door and nervously waited until Mr. Styles allowed me inside. When I heard a faint deep voice from the other side, I took it as a green light to walk in and I opened the door, allowing myself inside his office.

Sitting on the other side of a paper clad, yet organized, desk was my boss. It amazed me how he could have equally a blank and pissed off expression on his face. It was like his face was molded to be like that, always so angry. I mean, I haven't even been working here long enough to know if he smiled, but according to Cassie, Mr. Styles did used to be laid back. I wonder what made him change.

"Good morning, Mr. Styles!" I said as cheerily as I could, "Would you like anything? Maybe a cof-"

"Why haven't you gotten my coffee yet?" He spoke without raising his eyes from his computer.

"I-uh, I wasn't sure if you wanted one or not..." I mumbled. In my head, I was already planning on having to say goodbye to Cassie and all my co-workers. I was not off to a good start...