Chapter 5

"Don't forget to fill in those reports, Lewis," Mr. Styles reminded me, "You can leave when you're done. I'm taking the reports back to my flat so I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully on time."

"I'll be here, sir," I said, and he eyed me suspiciously as if I were fibbing. Without another word, he turned on his heel and left me alone in the office, where I stayed until it was dark outside and no one was here anymore, finishing off the stupid reports.

------

It's been over a month of me working here and I could honestly say that I am losing my damn mind.

Every single fucking day, Mr. Harry Styles has been using and abusing of his power over me, constantly asking me to do things and gets upset with me whenever I can't get things done on time. I mean, I am his personal assistant after all, but this man really has no limits. If I don't walk in with a coffee ready for him or if my shirt isn't ironed properly, he always has the nerve to snap at me and be extremely rude and condescending.

"I just can't handle it, Cassie!" I complained while holding up a steamed mug of tea, freshly made in the staff kitchen, "Every little things makes him upset and I can't seem to do anything right! It's incredibly infuriating!"

Cassies let out a chuckle, "Oh, Louis. I've been in the same spot as you and I can tell you that everything will work out. I mean, he wasn't that horrible for me and he even promoted me so I can only imagine what will happen to you."

"He'll probably fire me the next time I bring him a coffee with the tiniest extra amount of sugar in it," I groaned, "Takes a bitter person to like a bitter coffee."

Cassie giggled with her smooth hand covering her grin and set down her own mug.

"You do amuse me," She smiled, "And as much as I'd love to hear you some more, I have a job to attend to. I'll see you around."

"S'alright, I'll see you if Mr. Styles doesn't chop my head off for some ridiculous reason," I said while rolling my eyes. Cassie just laughed as she walked away, her thin, tall heels clicking on the porcelain floor.

I looked up at the clock that was over the door and realized Mr. Styles' meeting was almost over and he specifically told me to be there as soon as it ended. After emptying out the rest of what was in 'my' mug, I scampered towards where the meeting Mr. Styles was having at, only to find him out the door with a forced smile on his face, shaking hands with important looking people in fancy suits and outfits. His meeting just ended and I thought I made it just in time. Key word, thought.

I walked over to him after the small crowd of people faded off into their own separate directions and when his eyes locked with mine, I had a gut feeling he wasn't happy. Then again, when is he happy anyways?

"Where were you?" He spoke in a low, rather intimidating voice that I still haven't got used to, "When I asked you to be here before my meeting ended, I meant being here before my meeting ended. Which part did you not understand?"

"I-I'm sorry, Sir," I said, taken aback, "But the meeting ended sooner than I thought, I didn't know..."

"Of course you didn't," He muttered under his breath, "Y'know what? Cancel all my meetings for the rest of the day. I'm going to work at home. Finish all those reports I gave you this morning and after that, go home. Hopefully tomorrow you'll know how to take direction better."

Without even giving me a chance to reply, he sauntered off, leaving me with bubbling rage forming inside my stomach.

---