Chapter 29

And if that wasn't a reminder that I had been backstabbed by someone I thought I could trust, I shut my eyes tighter and let out another sob, "H-He wouldn't do that! I-I know he wouldn't! You're lying to me!"

"I'm sorry, Louis," Harry whispered apologetically into my hair, "I saw it with my own two eyes."

"You're lying..." I mumbled into his shirt and Harry only held me tighter until I had no more tears left to cry.

---

When Harry and I got back home after our argument in the meeting room, I couldn't even dare to look at him, mostly out of embarrassment. It's been a crazy couple of days and even though I was glad everything was settled between us, I found myself feeling weird and honestly somewhat uncomfortable with myself. I was kind of hating being under my skin right now, repulsed about how I was even able to share drinks and party with Connor, much less dancing so...promiscuously with him. It was an unsettling feeling and one I couldn't seem to shake off my shoulders right now.

Harry and I ended up forgiving each other, after I (finally) stopped drenching his stupidly expensive shirt with my tears but no matter what either of us would say, my stomach would still churn at the thought of what could've happened had that girl not bumped into me, or if Harry hadn't even showed up at that club.

He made us dinner but I barely ate. Despite only having eaten an average breakfast - that I made myself and somehow didn't end up with a burnt out kitchen - and a bland salad Harry forced me to eat for lunch, my stomach felt too full and eating was the last thing on my mind right now. My food ended up being mushed about and dangled at the end of my fork as I felt Harry's gaze on me throughout the whole meal. I know he was just concerned, I mean, it's not everyday that you tell the person you're dating that they were pretty much about to get date-raped, is it?

"Louis?" Harry spoke out, pulling me out of my thoughts, "How're you feeling?"

"I don't know," I confessed with a sigh, "A lot of thing, I guess...Hurt, mostly. And confused..."

"I'm sorry, baby," He cooed. His hand rested on top of mine and squeezed it comfortingly, "I don't understand why anyone would do something like that, but I don't want you to think that it's your fault."

"I know," A mumble left between my lips, "It's just weird to think about, y'know? I've never even thought about him as more than a friend and for him to..."

I couldn't even finish the sentence because of the tightness I was feeling inside my throat and I looked down to my plate. Harry immediately reached over to hug me and I gladly accepted the embrace. His hands softly rubbed my back as I let out a content sigh and snuggled up into the warmth.

"Do you want to go watch a movie?" Harry asked. I pulled away from his arms and shook my head. After the day I had, I could really go for a shower. My face felt sticky over the dried tears and overall, I felt like I was dirty. I needed to relax for a while and scrub away some of the dirt latched onto me.

"I want to go take a shower," I said.

"Need any company?" He asked, eyeing me with a cautious, yet hopeful look. I knew he wanted to join me and I would never say no to that, but I just wanted to be alone, just for ten minutes.

"No, that's okay," I replied and took note of the slightly dejected look on Harry's face, "I won't take long."

"Okay," He somberly said, "I'll start setting up something then."

Despite wanting to be alone, I didn't mean to reject Harry or make him feel like I didn't want to be around him specifically. I just needed a second to breathe and think things through and what better place to do that than in a shower?