Ch.18 | Guy's Night Out - Part 1

I M M A C U L A T E

D E C E I V E R S

____________________

| Mark's POV |

"Is there a reason you're doing that?" I lazily asked while watching Connor.

"Yes actually." He casually stated while staring at me from upside down. "It helps me relax. It's called yoga."

I resisted the urge to laugh. "Yoga? You mean that girly shit?"

"It's not girly! It's actually very complex and takes real skill." He finally flopped back over onto the ground and stood up. "Whoa, head rush."

"That's why we don't do yoga." I sighed shaking my head with a smirk.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "Red should be here soon. He's got the alcohol."

"Alcohol? I thought we were just eating wings and playing Call of Duty?" I rose my eyebrows. I have never been a real big drinker. Yeah at parties, I will have a beer or two, just to keep people off my back... but the truth is I could totally live without the stuff. One tends to feel that way when you have spent countless nights holding your mother's hair while she throws up or kicking out her drunken one-night-stands and sometimes getting into physical altercations with them.

"Well we are, but who says we can't also have a little extra fun?" He smirked just as the doorbell rang.

Connor went to answer the door, and seconds later, he and Red appeared. Red had two grocery bags and I assumed both contained alcohol.

"What about your parents?" I asked Connor.

"They are out tonight, won't be home until late." He shrugged.

"And Arabelle?" I asked, referring to Connor's eleven-year-old sister.

"She's staying over at her friends tonight. What's with the questions?" He rose his eyebrows.

"Just curious. Hey Red, what you got in that bag?" I changed the subject.

"Lil' bit of everythin'." He smirked, holding both bags up into view.

"Sweet. Let's get to it." I stated, pulling one of the bags from his grasp and opening it to pull out a drink.

I settled on just a beer, not wanting to get smashed tonight.

Connor went to grab his Xbox to hook up Call of Duty, so I turned to face Red.

"So, how are things with Cal?" I asked, trying to start up conversation. I haven't really gotten to know Red in the short time we have known him, and Callie is my friend so I figured what the hell.

"Aw she's great man. A real firecracker. You would never know this from just lookin' at her, but she's very dominant!" He smirked, taking a swig of his Jägermeister.

"Well that makes sense." I chuckled.

"What do ya' mean?"

"It's always the quiet ones." I smirked, causing Red to let out a laugh.

"You got me there!" He smiled. "Nah, but for real, I really like her. I don't know what it is."

"I feel you."