Chapter 4

The next morning Danny awoke to the sound of phone letting him know he has a text message. Danny opened his phone; the ID said it was from Sam, so he read the text.

Hope I didn't wake u?

4 u, it does not matter. He replied.

Aaww, Danny! u need 2 sleep as well.

I slept quite well thx u.

Well anyway, I will be over at 9:30. Is that ok?

Of course. I'll see u then my beautiful black rose.

Luv u.

Luv u 2.

And with that Danny closed his phone and just laid there staring at the ceiling with a smile on his face. Danny got up and did his morning routines. Then he headed downstairs and into the kitchen where his mother and Master was.

"Morning and Merry Christmas." He said giving a slight bow to his Master.

"Hi honey and Merry Christmas to you too." His mother greeted.

"Merry Christmas young Daniel. Sleep well last night?" asked Clockwork.

"I slept quite well last night thank you, Master." Danny turned to his mother. "By the way Mum, Sam's coming over at 9:30." Danny sat at the table and Maddie brought over some pancakes for him and place the plate in front of him.

"She is, is she?"

"I received a text this morning from her."

"Well, she'll be just in time for the presents."

Soon everyone else was up and Danny greeted them and said Merry Christmas to them. After everyone had breakfast, Danny went up to his room, grabbed one of the small boxes, making sure it was the right one and then headed back downstairs, putting the box in his pocket and went into the lounge room where everyone was gathered. It was almost time for Sam to show up, five more minutes, that's all he had to wait and being the Time Apprentice it was a snap. The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Danny said. He got up from his seat and went to the front door. He opened it and was greeted by his girlfriend.

" 'Beautiful black rose' huh? I like it." Said Sam.

Danny chuckled and gave her a kiss. "I thought you might." He said and let Sam in. she went over to the lounge with Danny right behind her.

"Merry Christmas all." She greeted. And they all greeted her back.

Danny sat back down and Sam sat next to him. They handed out the presents and Danny was quite surprised when he got some presents from his family. Seeing how he only arrived yesterday, he wasn't expecting anything from them, just spending time with them was a big enough present for him. Soon everyone had opened their presents.

"well, I believe that is all of the presents."

"Not quite Mum/ Mrs Fenton." Sam and Danny said at the same time. They looked at each other and chuckled slightly.

"Merry Christmas Danny," Sam said giving him a small box. Danny opened it and looked at what was inside. "I know it's nothing ghostly but I thought you might like it." Danny pulled out a brand new silver watch, one of the more expensive good quality ones. Danny smiled lovingly at Sam and gave her a kiss.

"Thank you, Sam." He thanked and put the watch on. Danny got the little box out of his pocket and handed it to Sam. "And Merry Christmas to you too."

Sam opened the box and she gasped in awe. She pulled out a black chained necklace with a rose pendant. The rose was dark purple and the stem was dark green.