42: lost boy / taegiseok

Start from the beginning

taehyung's thoughts were barely coherent as he scrawled the sentences out. his thoughts were screaming at him, telling him he was wrong and bad and dirty and–

hoseok's phone was vibrating.

it sat on the table where taehyung was, a slim iphone. the caller id was yoongi. that made taehyung's heart sting the most; he reached for it, though, and answered.

"jung hoseok's phone." he answered in a dull, bland voice. he heard yoongi laugh dryly before speaking.

"hey tae. hobi's there, i presume?" he chuckled, and taehyung could just picture the perfect smile on his face. fuck. he was infatuated with the both of them. yoongi, yoongi, with his talents that taehyung longed to have, with his amazing personality, once you scraped past the sarcasm and quips, his gummy grin, his silly laugh, god, everything. and hoseok, hoseok with his heart shaped grin and his fluffy hair, his dancing, the adorable way he'd hook his leg over taehyung when he slept. taehyung wanted both of them, wanted them to be what kept him warm, wanted them to be the people that gave him confidence, wanted them to love him unconditionally and let him return that. he wanted those two bodies beside him while he slept, those two pairs of lips available for him to kiss, those two hearts that weren't just old heartbreak stains left on the carpet.

taehyung swallowed hard before responding. "yes, he's here. dork fell asleep on my bed watching death note."

yoongi laughed again, and taehyung was reminded just how much he adored the man's laugh. he wanted to cause that; to be the cause of his happiness.

"ah, he's probably tired," yoongi sighed joyfully. "it's gettin' later in the evening, taetae. have you got any plans?"

"no."

taehyung didn't ever really have plans. he had three friends, two of them being hoseok and yoongi, and he just didn't like going out much. he and yoongi were very similar in that case; introverted, preferring the company of either themselves or just a few people.

"well..." yoongi hummed a low tone. "ask hobi to drive you back. you can have dinner with us!"

taehyung considered it. dinner with two men he had hopeless crushes on? free food, of course, that was good, but was he really going to?

fuck it.

"sounds good. shall i wake him?" he asked yoongi, who said yes. the two said their goodbyes, and taehyung hung up. his bare feet made contact with the carpet yet again, and he walked over to the bed, where hoseok slept soundly. taehyung almost felt guilty for going to wake him; guilt mingled with selfishness, taehyung wanting to keep hoseok to himself for the night. but he had a boyfriend, and that boyfriend had invited taehyung to dinner, and so it was time to wake up.

"hoseok," taehyung shook his hyung's shoulder gently, weakly attempting to wake him. "hyungie... cmon!"

hoseok didn't budge until taehyung kissed his forehead– softly, lover-like, he didn't know what possessed him to do it– and then his eyelids fluttered open. deep brown eyes met taehyung's own, and that same heart smile emerged. hoseok's hand cupped taehyung's cheek, and taehyung hated himself for leaning into the touch.

"hey, taetae. what's up?" the nickname was something both of the couple used, as if taehyung was theirs, something he'd never be. he forced on a smile for hoseok, but it wasn't all that forced, because he loved hoseok. he truly did.

"yoongi-hyung called your phone," he spoke in a low voice, gentle. "wants you to come home. invited me for dinner, if i want."

"you coming over then?" hoseok asked, sitting up, hand still on taehyung's cheek. taehyung nodded. "let's go then, love. not gunna keep hyung waiting."