Jess sat in the middle of a deserted garden on the wooden picnic table, his books spread across the table, laptop opened on an important document and a pen hanging from his mouth as he typed.

He was in deep concentration, focused completely on doing his seven-page essay. With the addition of his loud music, he couldn't hear — nor notice — male lead-sama sneaking up behind him.

Peering over his beloved's shoulder, Alexander frowned. His baby had so many textbooks and notes open, it didn't seem healthy to have to go over all that.

He wrapped his strong arms around Finley's neck, leaning his chin on his little brother's soft hair. He then pulled out the frozen Finley's earbuds. "You know you don't have to work, right Bambi?"

Finley's widened eyes and tense body relaxed as soon as he realised it was just the older Chase sibling. "I do, it wouldn't be fair to Mama, Papa or you if I had to be supported... I want to at least get a degree so I can help you like you've helped me."

Touched, male lead-sama pressed a loving kiss on Finley's cheek and grinned as his beloved Bambi's cheeks turned bright red.

---[Host, your cheeks are so red! Ha, I know you liked him! Host has a crush, Host has a crush~~~]---

'N-No! It's only because I'm acting like Finley! I would never blush!' Jess quickly denied DalDal's words, his face turning a shade darker.

The all-knowing DalDal continued to say 'Host has a crush' in a sing-song voice, completely ignoring his host's constant denial of the fact. He was just so joyous; Host would be sure to complete the mission to get an engagement ring AND get a hot hubby along the way!

{Hehe, I'm so smart~ Just wait till I report this back to the Goddess!!! Ooo, maybe I should do that now!}

---[Hey Host, I need to go report to the Goddess so I'll be missing for a while! Have fun with your hubby~]---

'Wait, what the hell? Don't you dare leave me DalDal! Get your stupid arse back here before I murder you!!! Don't leave me to fend for myself with this perverted beast! DALDALLLLLLL!!!!!' Jess was angry at the disappearing act DalDal pulled. He was sure the bastard system was trying to scam or mock him!

"Bambi? Sweetheart? What do you say about going with me?"

Jess — who had been too distracted with the bastard system to listen to male lead-sama — blinked rapidly, a lost look flashing on his face before completely disappearing. He didn't think the older Chase would notice but for an SSS grade stalker and fanboy, how could he not?

Alexander couldn't help but fall in love with his little bro even more. At this point, he was 100% ready to ask his mother for his brother's hand in marriage. And then announce it to the world before whisking him off to a deserted island where they can make sweet sweet love, both day and night.

"S-sure..." Male lead-sama grinned, helping the oh-so-adorable Finley pack up all his crap before wrapping his arm around the boy's waist and directing him towards the grey Lambo parked outside the school gates.

Opening the door and buckling him up safely, male lead-sama grinned and closed the door.

Jess felt as if he couldn't escape what was coming next...

END CHAPTER 

~~*~~ 

Word count according to Grammarly: 1050

So school starts tomorrow... No longer can I do updates so quickly.

Rip all readers. And rip Jess.

Anyways, the arc is ending very soon (probably in 2-3 chapters? Idk, that's just my estimate) and we can FINALLY move on to one I'm super hyped for. Magic is just too fun for a bean like me...

We also made it into the top 30 in Fantasy! Thank you all so, so much for the opportunity to be there, it means a lot <333

On a side note, here's another story time from the author

I feel so awkward ... I didn't realise my brother brought home some of his friends (I was playing Minecraft and had headphones with music on) and I'm wearing my pyjamas. The pants are long and not like their usual butt shortness (thank god) but I'm wearing this thin, old spaghetti strap tank top which literally exposes half my boobs and offers no support, the type that I'd never wear outside of home because they let my girls be free. And of course, I'm not wearing a bra either (its pyjamas for gods sake).

So I get up to unload the dishwasher (computer is in the kitchen so I'm already there) and I start talking to my oldest brother after I finish (who is standing by the doorway which is right next to it) He walks into the lounge and I move to continue talking to him when I notice strange boys I've seen but don't remember very well sitting next to my other brother as he plays Fortnite.

Cue the most awkward moment for me. I'm wearing a thin, skimpy tank top without a bra and my brother's friends are just outside the kitchen. Mind you they're all teenage boys a year above me in school. I may be overreacting but I have been to my brother's school where I've heard their comments etc. (there was even a time my brother asked me if I thought this kid was hot... I said no).

Now I'm pretty awkward with guys outside my family and close family friends, I go to an all-girl's Catholic school and the last time I had a proper male friend (childhood ones don't count) was three years ago.  So the fact that there's probably 3 (I didn't count but there's at least 2) teenage males in my living room/lounge room while I'm wearing an extremely showy top is not fun... I'm a pretty conservative person when it comes to it (surprisingly) so that makes it worse for me.