1.8

"I-I-I..." Chanel was intimidated by Mr Chase's glare, she trembled under his powerful and threatening gaze. She couldn't even speak properly because of her intense fear.

Male lead-sama stormed over to the two of them, gently scooping Finley up in his arms and carrying him to the other side of the room where there were two sleek grey couches — all the while ignoring the trembling, teary-eyed female lead.

As male lead-sama comforted his little brother, Chanel just slumped on the floor and cried. She knew that he would never be interested in her now, Finley ruined it for her — the little bastard!!!

How was she meant to live a comfortable, happy life with that rich hunk of a man when her oh-so-important first impression was ruined due to a scheming little b*tch!

Vicious thoughts filled her head — insults towards Finley, schemes to get rid of him and evil, sickening revenge plots.

The once white lotus female lead had now blackened.

Hearing the sobbing commotion, Johnathon entered the room. When he saw his boss holding his sobbing brother and the new PA crying on the floor with a sad and angry look in her eyes, he knew it was probably best to take her away from the boss.

Quietly, he made his way over to Chanel who was still slumped on the floor. Helping the woman up, he mumbled for her to follow him out and away from the situation.

Male lead-sama seemed to notice them leaving, giving one final menacing glare to her before returning to comforting the sniffling Finley who sat in his lap, head buried in male lead-sama's shoulder.

And because of the fact that he didn't see Finley's face head-on, he didn't see the evil smirk and smug eyes that Chanel saw as she left with Johnathon.

So she was right, the child really did scheme against her! That little b*tch! She would be sure to tell Scarlett to make him 'disappear' off the face of the planet...

Johnathon gently shut the doors to the CEO'S office, completely blocking the noises of Finley and Alexander Chase. He then directed her to take a seat on of the waiting lounges, sitting opposite from her on another one of them.

"What happened in there, Miss Riley?" Though there was a hint of concern, it was masked by coldness. It was quite obvious he didn't truly care for the girl, only that of a bystander who knew the wrath of Chase Empire's CEO that would be inflicted upon this young woman — even if she didn't actually do anything.

"I-I have no idea... One moment I was trying to start a conversation with the cinnamon-- I mean boy, and the next he burst out into tears and curled up into a ball... I approached him to ask what was wrong but he wouldn't answer and just started to cry harder! Then, Mr Chase walked in and got mad and took him away to the other side of the office to comfort him and I just... sat there. And then you came in and took me away..." Johnathon listened earnestly, his eyes lighting up in understanding around midway through.

He sighed, running a large tanned hand through his thick, sleek brown hair. "I think I know why this occurred... And before you say anything, it has nothing to do with the little one scheming against you..."

Intrigued by what he was saying, Chanel perked up, ready to listen.

"You see, ever since young, Mr Chase's younger brother has been extremely delicate and rather shy around new people... Shy to the point it scares him to bits to even talk to new people when he was alone. And due to his fragile state, he often burst into tears."

Even with hearing this explanation, Chanel still felt intense dislike towards the boy — whether a mistake or not, he had completely shattered any good impression her new boss and future husband had of her. And for her, that was unforgivable. So very unforgivable. It caused her to immediately cross his name out of her list, exile him from her good books — forever.

"I assume that he started to cry after he told you his name?" Johnathon kneaded his head in frustration; it was obvious he didn't feel like dealing with the situation since he seemed to know exactly how it transpired.

Chanel was gobsmacked at his all knowing-ness before nodding. "Yes, that is what happened..."

"As I thought. Please don't take offence to Finley, this has happened on more than one occasion... I will report what happened to Mr Chase but for now, go home and come back tomorrow at the normal time."

With a nod, Chanel got up, said her goodbyes and thanks before she started to walk towards the executive elevator.

Johnathon saw this, cringed a bit before deciding to call out. "Miss Riley, you aren't allowed to take the executive elevator without permission... The only reason you came up in it was because of Lila guiding you. I'm sorry but you'll have to take the general employee elevator from now on — at least until Mr Chase decides he will give you a pass for it..."

Chanel was a bit mad at this statement but instead of exploding like she wished, she just voiced her thanks and stiffly walked towards the elevators that majority of employees used.

Waiting for one to come, she exposed a sour look on her pretty face. In her head she decided something; she would get rid of any obstacles that got in the way of her and Alexander Chase. That and she would get dispose of that little pest, Finley Chase — her future husband's younger brother.

In her mind, she cooked up many vicious plans and schemes — many of which involved killing the seemingly harmless boy.

END CHAPTER 

~~*~~ 

Word count according to Grammarly: 1000

So here's the end of the chapter. Anyone that felt sorry for the heroine can shove that down the drain now.

Anyways, I won't be updating for the next couple days due to major house cleaning, guests etc. So don't expect me to suddenly go BAZINGA (okay maybe that could happen) and give out the updates in the schedule I've been doing recently.

This arc is coming to a close soon and the next one (which I'm actually super hyped about writing) will be starting... And SPOILER ALERT, Jess doesn't properly fall in love with the ML this arc.

And if you were blind as to not notice my useless A/N shamelessly advertising how I published my new book, WELL THEN HERE IS YOUR NOTICE. I'm trying to make it lesscliché than others. OH and by the way, as a warning, the MC isn't the sweetest angel you'll ever meet and he barely gives two sh*ts about his own people — its great!