Go away Lance (Voltron: Klance)

(This takes place when Shiro is missing)
type: angsty fluff
Season: Season 3
Fandom: Voltron
Ship: Klance

Keith had not been out of his room since. He thought it was his fault that Voltron failed their mission and a plant was destroyed. He was so stunned from the fact that it was his idea to rush in and help as many people as they can instead of waiting back and looking for a plan. And that is what killed everyone. The Galra infiltrated and Voltron had no choice but to retreat, watching the planet blow up in front of their eyes.

And it was all Keith's fault.

He lay on his bed, his back down, staring at the ceiling thinking of way he could have changed the fate of the poor people. How he should just leave voltron and join the Marmora instead. He was useless and a useless leader.

Lance sighed as he waiting in the hallway. Keith was their leader for now and he had to find a way to cheer him up; to help him get ready for their next mission.

"Come on Keith! It isn't a big deal." The cuban boy mumbled, trying to make his teammate feel better.

Suddenly the door opened and there stood the Korean teenager, looking genuinely pissed.

"Not a big deal? Not a big deal, Lance? Thousands of people were killed because I did not want to strategize! And don't tell me to 'come on'. I have my reasons to be by myself. Now let me be by myself!"

Lance's eyes were wide. Though Keith was a hothead, Lance had never seen him like this. As Keith went to slam the door, Lance put his foot in the door to stop the door to close. Lance stood up and sighed. He placed a hand on Keith's shoulder as he walked into his room.

"Keith. I want you to repeat me: What happened wasn't my fault"

"I don't see how that wi-"

"Just do it"

"Fine. What happened was not my fault"

Lance smiled softly to himself. "Now say: What happened was not my fault and I'm an awesome leader"

"Lance-"

"Just say it! For the love of quiznack, Keith just say it"

"What happened was not my fault.... and I'm an awesome leader."

Lance slug an arm around Keith's shoulder. "Come on. Let's go get some food goo"

Keith sighed and followed Lance out to the kitchen.

"Well look at what the cat dragged in!" A female voice rang out.

Hunk spoke after her. "Come on Pidge be nice"

Pidge was too busy stuffing her face with food to even response.

Lance seemed a bit offended. "I'm not a cat! I'm more like a...a tiger!"

Keith scoffed. "A tiger is a cat, Lance."

The cuban boy blushed and looked away slightly, embarrassed. "I...I knew that. Obviously I knew that! I'm the brains of the group anyways!"

Pidge rose her hand, "Actually, Lance, That would be me"

"Well... I'm the supportive one!"

Hunk sighed "That's me"

"But... But then I'm the..."

"Sharpshooter."

All eyes were on Keith. Usually the Korean boy rejected that Lance was the sharpshooter.

Keith looked up and his cheeks burned a little. "What? That's what Lance usually says anyways"

"Yeah but you finally agreed!" Lance seemed proud with himself. "You really think I'm the sharpshooter?"

"Well you were pretty good at the last mission...."

"Aweeee true love!"

"Shut up Pidge."

Keith started to walk away, still embarrassed.

Lance followed him and turned him around by his shoulder.

"Lance-?"

Lance placed his lips on Keith's mouth and took the Korean boy by surprise but slowly melted in. Both of their faces were burning from embarrassment.

When Lance finally pulled away, Keith was the first one to talk.

"What was that about?"

"Thanks, Keith"

Word count: (640 words)