Chapter ~ 1

~~~Abigail POV (mom)~~~

"When the fuck is Ashley supposed to be home?" I say to my half already drunk husband Joseph.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" he remarks. And as if on cue she comes through the front door.

"Where were you?" he asks.

"Work." she says. He quietly says an OK and she mumbles something and starts walking upstairs

"Ash get down here!" I yell.

"don't call me that."

"ASHLEY!" I drunkenly slur.

"WHAT!?" she yells back still upstairs. Joe storms upstairs to her room and grabs her by the hair and pulls her downstairs.

"what did you say before you went upstairs?" I yelled at her and she flinched.

"I-I didn't say anything." she looks down.

~~~Ashley's POV~~~

"what did you say before you went upstairs?" my mom yells at me.

"I-I didn't say anything." I said and looked down. Next thing I know there a stinging pain in my cheek and I squeal than I fall to the floor.

"now WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" my dad drunkenly yells and I flinch backward.

"m-making m-money for your d-drunk asses." I stammered scared of what was about to happen.

There goes a sharp pain in my side that makes my lungs feel like their on fire. A swift kick to the ribs. Now one to my stomach.

"I WANT YOU OUT OF MY HOUSE THIS INSTANT YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH!" my mom yells.

"I'm more than happy to!"

I get up and no matter how hurt I am right now I am finally getting out. I run up to my room and get my already packed night bag just because I was planning on running away tonight and grabbed my cell phone, laptop, pictures of Ian and me, chargers, makeup and other necessities.

I grab all my bags and run out the front door as fast as I can and yell, "goodbye fuckers! I'll never see you again!" and run without looking back.

After about 10 minutes straight of running I had no idea where I was. and people were looking at me weirdly.. But I really couldn't care less right now. I'm just glad I finally got away from those horrible people that killed my brother and just about me. I am so tired.. It's about 8 from what I can tell. My phone died awhile ago and I cant charge it anywhere so I guess I have to go somewhere that they will let me charge it. I'm guessing either McDonalds (because I'm hungry and they have a good dollar menu) or a starbucks or whatever else is around here, which ever comes first. when I turn a corner I see a bright green and white sign. I get a little closer and can tell its a starbucks sign. I walk inside and set my stuff down at a table and wait a little till the line dies down. I let my phone charge a bit until I get in line. when im walking up there im texting my friend siren that I most likely wont see her again because im moving to Africa.. Good lie right? Well, back to reality. While I'm walking up there, this guy spills his coffee all over me. And its fucking hot coffee.

"oh shit! I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going!" he says to me.

"oh no its alright, I can always just buy a new shirt. And you a new coffee." and I'm too busy trying to clean the coffee out of my shirt to notice who it is.

I look up and I meet those gorgeous brown eyes that belong to the one. and the only.

Victor Vincent Fuentes.