Chapter 24 : One More Chance

Start from the beginning

"Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki. It's my favorite." Nozomi replied excitedly.

"Your wish is our command." Mari said. She took Nozomi's hand as they search for a good okonomiyaki place.

Mayumi suddenly felt a shiver in her spine. Without activating her ability she felt the presence of a danger approaching the place. She activated her power to determine the location of the enemies, but what she felt instead is an approaching psion bullet almost strong as hers.

"Nozomi! Mari! Watch out!" Mayumi shouted as she run towards her daughter and protected them. Mayumi used her own CAD to shoot down the incoming bullet and succesfully destroyed it with 100% accuracy.

"Okasan!" Nozomi whispered

"That was close. Thanks Mayumi."

"That was really cool Okasan! Teach me!"

"Not now Nozomi you need to take cover. Let's go."

"Mayumi! Watch out!"

As Mari shouted for the incoming bullet that was heading her friend's way, Mayumi pushed her daughter to Mari and defended herself.

"Take her Mari. This guys are probably after me."

"But Okasan."

"Go Mari. Nozomi listen to me. Never let go of Mari's hand understood? Now go!" Mayumi shouted

"Take care Mayumi." Mari said and run away with Nozomi.

"I will, I can't let this people threaten the safety of my daugther." She whispered.

"Well well, as expected of Saegusa Mayumi-sama, your accuracy never fails like they said."

"Im not a Ten Master Clan member just for show. I'm pure talent."

"We have been notfied. And that's why this placed is secured with all the forces we have."

"An army against just one lady. Not so manly huh?"

"Your power is too monstrous for us to be fair. If we are not careful then we might be annihilated."

"What do you want from me? Even threatening the whole town, you shameless people."

"Information. You are one of the key for the prophecy of Ice and Fire. What do you know about the theory of Project Armageddon?" The leader of the enemy asked as he point his CAD to Mayumi again.

"Ice and Fire? Project Armageddon? I dont know what you are talking about."

"Don't play dumb with me. You are a Saegusa it is impossible that you don't know about this theory."

Mayumi then remembered all of her memories when she met Tatsuya. That was the first time where she heard people calling her Fire that melted the Ice in which the Ice was used to refer Tatsuya. All she thought is that this was just some metaphors. She never would have thought that it could be something big, like this Theory of Fire and Ice that they are talking about. Mayumi got curious and asked the pursuers. "Tell me, what do you know about the theory itself?"