Chapter 3 - Caught Off Guard

❤ ❤❤

The Annual event of every Magic Schools has come, the 9 School Competitions in which all school that participated has a selected few students to join in each game and another team of student to work as an engineer. Since Mayumi and the other student council believe in the power and knowledge of Tatsuya he was the 1st ever weed to join the group of engineers for the competition.

As the student council adjourned their meeting about who will be the contenders and support for their school, Mayumi asked Tatsuya to say with her for a little while. Miyuki who is so reluctant of his brother staying with Mayumi gave up with a sigh when his brother told him to go home without him and instead walk with her friends.

"I'm surprised you didn't hesitate when I told you to stay?" Mayumi asked Tatsuya as she give him a sweet stare

"I'm surprised as well. Anyways, I know it's about the competition, right Mayumi-senpai?" Tatsuya replied as he smiles toward her and sat down on the chair nearest to her.

"Of course... Not."

"No?" Tatsuya replied as she caught Mayumi staring on the window with a smile.

(Appreciating the sunset...) Tatsuya thought on his mind

"Well, I just want to spend a little more time with you. I really don't have any reason to but..."

"It's fine. Senpai. I'll stay and stare at you like you want too."

"Huh? No it's not that... Not like that... I mean I-I don't want to be all alone that's it." Mayumi replied with her cheeks turning a little red.

"Senpai? I believe the sunset is more visible in a certain place, would you care to come with me?"

"Really? Let's go then." Mayumi said happily as she stood up and grab Tatsuya on his arms and telling him to lead the way.

Mayumi and Tatsuya didn't even realize that as they go to the place where Tatsuya is saying, they are already holding each other's hand. Laughing with Mayumi's jokes and Tatsuya helping her to climb the stairs. Their hands never let go of each other's as they both feel the warmth of their touch.

"So this is the place? You could have just told me to go to the school's rooftop." Mayumi said with a little pant and still holding Tatsuya's hand while staring at the sun to set.

"Well, it won't be special if I told you beforehand Mayumi-senpai."

"It is still special." Mayumi whispered

Tatsuya smiled and said "It's pretty right? Seeing the sun set like that."

"Uhm. It is really pretty. Thanks Tatsuya."

Tatsuya smiled at Mayumi and stared at the sun again and whispered "It's beautiful. But you are more wonderful Mayumi-senpai."

Mayumi heard the words Tatsuya whispered without him knowing, and pretended not to hear it to not ruin the mood.