Chapter 22 : Seperate Paths

Start from the beginning

"Oh Koujirou! Im glad you came home. Thanks for taking care of the twins while we are away." Tomokazu said as he pat his brother on his shoulder.

"I was also worried. And father called me since both of you are busy for the company while taking care of Mayumi. It cant be helped, I can't let the twins live in this place alone." Koujirou replied

"You're dense as always." Tomokazu said with a grin.

"Let's go to your room Mayumi, Tomokazu assist me please. Koujirou, thank you son. You may go back to the facility now and continue your reasearch."

"Yes father." His son replied.

Mayumi was assisted by his father and eldest brother back to her room. Tomokazu tucks her in her blanket and sat down beside her while Kouichi took the empty chair behind Mayumi's bed.

"Mayumi. Are you really sure that you want to hide your pregnancy from Tatsuya? This child you are bearing is also his." Kouichi tried to reason out with her as he comfartably sat on the chair.

"Father's right Mayumi. Tatsuya should know about that child. We can't erase the fact that it is both from the Saegusa and the Yotsuba's blood that was running in the child's veins." Tomokazu added after his father's explanation.

"I made up my mind already. I want to hide this child from his own Father. I wont object Tatsuya's wedding with Miyuki anymore. I... I just want whats best for Tatsuya. And since we are having this baby already, I want our safety." Mayumi answered with a fake smile stapled on her face.

"Mayumi. How can you say that it is for Tatsuya's sake? Aren't you aware that he is suffering from letting you go once more?" Tomokazu insisted and gripped his sister's hand.

"Because he wont be recognize by the Yotsuba's if he didnt do what they say. If that happened, Tatsuya will be erased from their family's registrar and would be considered as an extra. I wont permit that. I need to protect him." Mayumi smiled. There was a hint of sadness and pain hidden in her eyes, concealing it with such a bright smile.

"And he is protecting you in the other hand. Doing what you wished for, so that he can protect you from the Yotsuba's wrath. The danger his family could bring to you, I bet he knew about all of this."

"I think you are right Father. He is not the kind of man that would agree in leaving Mayumi again without a heavy reason or purpose." Tomokazu replied

"I have already approved you both and yet, this happened again. Im sorry Mayumi, If I just made a better choice from the start." Kouichi said as he stood up and hug her daughter tightly.

"Its not your fault father. Its just that our red string of fate has a lot of knots before it let us reach each other."

"I hope that you and Tatsuya would find your peace and happiness with each other again, someday."

"I was hoping for it too... if ever that day would come then it will be because itis meant to be." Mayumi replied with a shaking voice. Her tears fell like rain in her cheeks. She can't keep it up anymore, all the pain she is keeping all to herself was now flowing out of her forcefully like the waves in the ocean.

"Mayumi..." Kouichi whispered as he part from the hug and wipe her daughter's tears.

◇◇◇

The next day Mayumi was accompanied by his brother Tomokazu in the University to officially file her transfer of school. Since Mayumi will be migrating to America with his brother and his wife to attend to some of their overseas business and also they have decided that it is better to conceal her pregnancy abroad. Then they will be going back to Japan when the child is already a little older, old enougj to understand her mother and father's situation.