Changes

So what do you all think of the new cover?
I like the eyepoppin' hit of colour 😊

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When Vada and Cas arrived back at the village with Ryke and the new dragon, the sun was close to rising and yet Bram and Vin stood outside their home with dark expressions

From the air Vada could see Vin pacing and complaining, waving his arms around wildly. Whereas Bram leaned against the house silently, with his arms folded across his chest, he stared up at the sky and so he was the first to notice their approach.

Vada groaned and dismounted with a frown, ready for Vin to berate her like a child and Bram to argue with every justification she offered up.

Cas followed much less perturbed by the furious guard that was now shaking his head and tapping his foot as they approached. Ryke was pushed along by Cas who kept a firm grip on his shaking shoulders.

'I'm sure I don't have to tell you how stupidly reckless it was for both the Chieftess and her heir to leave the village alone-' Vin berated as Vada walked past him and straight into the house.

'No you don't,' Vada replied with a weary sigh, throwing herself down in an armchair by the fireplace. Vin threw his hands up in frustration. 'A little heat Cas?' Vada called staring into the darkness of the stone fire surround.

Her little brother happily obliged, smirking at the young boy still held fast as he shot a fireball across the room.

'Release the boy will you!' Vada snapped, unable to bear the terrified look in the young boy's eyes, 'relax kid. Go on up and sleep in Dani's room until we can figure out how to get her back to herself.'

'You saved Dani?' Vin interjected, hope shining in his eyes and coating his tone.

'No, this kid did apparently,' Cas scoffed.

'She's currently residing within the new dragon,' Vada casually stated.

Vin's mouth opened and closed but no sound came. With his vocabulary suddenly absent, he settled for a disgruntled shake of the head as he marched out of the house.

Bram, however, crossed the room to join Vada by the fire. She didn't acknowledge him, instead, she stared into the flames of her brother's creation, welcoming the warmth on her face.

'Come on kid, there's no way you're staying in my little sister's room,' Cas said, sensing the awkward tension in the room. He the frog-marching Ryke past the back of Vada's chair and into his own room at the very back of the house.

For a moment Vada thought about arguing with Cas. In the end, however, she couldn't summon the energy and decided that one night with Cas's watchful gaze on him wouldn't hurt the boy all that much.