Day 1- part 4

Day 1- part 4

Brian followed me down the hallway. He caught up to me as I tripped. I sobbed while trying to stand back up.

"Mona, why are you crying?" he asked.

"I can't trust anyone. I'm not staying with you, so just leave me alone!" I stood back up and ran down the stairs and out of the apartment complex. He didn't run after me this time.

I ran down streets and streets, past alley ways and businesses. But I finally stopped in one small dead end alley way to regain my strength. I sat against the wall catching my breath.

"Why can't Brian just leave me alone? I don't see why he should care about me." I said to myself. That's when I remembered something. "I forgot my witchcraft book in my room. I'll have to go back to get it. But if he see's me then..." I trailed off thinking that he might make fun of me for crying or think I was dumb for running away.

I crumpled up into a ball thinking about the decision I had made. Not only that, questions went through my head like crazy. First, Brian helps me pick up my stuff after he ran into me. Second, he arrested my father even though he could have died. Third, he tried stopping me from running. But why did he do this?

The fact that Brian was the new kid didn't matter. All the new students we had turned against me no matter what. He doesn't understand.

That's when the air started to grow cold. I forgot it was beginning to be winter time. We're in the second week of December which means that Christmas is only a week and a few days away.

I stood up and shivered from the breeze that came in. I was hungry and tired. I had only five dollars.

"I should stop by Subway and see what I can eat for five dollars." I walked out of the alley way and down the street. After a few moments, I reached Subway. As I walked into the store, the clerk welcomed me. I told her what I wanted that was only two dollars. She made it in under less than two minutes. I grabbed my sandwich and sat down at one of the empty tables.

I took a bite of my food and chewed slowly while staring out into the streets. Until I noticed Brian running by. I ducked when he ran by the store. When he was gone, I came back up.

"Was that man looking for you?" The clerk asked.

"Yeah, I just didn't want him to see him. You don't have to worry." I said. She nodded and went into the kitchen. I sighed and decided that I was done with my sandwich. So I threw it away and went outside. It began to snow.

"Maybe I should go back home." I shivered. I walked into the direction of where I live. It was a bad idea for me to wear a shirtsleeve shirt. The snow flakes felt like they were piercing my skin when they touched me.

I finally made it into the parking lot of the apartments. But I didn't have enough strength to move anymore. So I fell down with my face hitting the icy ground. My vision became blurry. I was known to be a very fragile person when it came to cold weather.

I laid there for probably an hour. It seemed as if no one noticed me. Until I heard Brian's voice calling my name, that's when everything went blank.