Day 1- part 1

Day 1-part 1

Sitting in class surrounded by strangers that did hurtful things to me. Only one face didn't look familiar, and that was the new kid. He came in yesterday. Unfortunately, he's in every single class that I have.

Hidden in my hands I hold my algebra notebook, and my witchcraft book. I study witchcraft during class to take my mind off of what might happen on my way home. Today, i'm either going to get beat up, or followed. That's what happens everyday to me. Only because I'm the poorest person in my school.

"Hey man, what's up. So you're the new kid, right?" Derek asked the new guy. Derek was my ex-boyfriend. Now, he's my mortal enemy along with everyone else in this school.

"Yeah, my name's Brian." He answered.

"Cool, hey maybe you should hang out with us. I know everyone that you should hang out with, and everyone that you shouldn't hang out with." Derek exclaimed.

"Um, ok?"

"Cool, now everyone in the school is cool to hang out with except for one person." I knew where Derek was heading. But Brian glance at me, causing me to strictly look away. "Don't hang out with Mona Ovary."

"Why not?" Brian wondered. I could still feel his eyes on me. Which meant that Derek showed him who I was.

"Because, she's a trailer trash whore who is into witchcraft. She'll betray in an instant." Derek said. It was true that I read and study witchcraft, but I'm not a whore.

That's when it went silent. The teacher began speaking after the bell rang for classes to start. I sat there, reading my book, trying to find a spell to make all the pain go away. That's the main thing that was on my mind today.

"Mona, is something wrong?" The teacher asked. I looked up and thought of what to say.

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I answered. My algebra teacher is probably my favorite. She worries more about me than anyone I've ever known.

The whispers around me were troubling me. I knew everyone was talking about me. My hands began to quiver at the thought of what might happen on the way to school.

The bell finally rang though. I slowly stood up out of my seat, and gathered my things while everyone pushed their way through the door. I headed for the door until the teacher stopped me.

"Mona, can I speak with you?" She asked. I nodded as I walked towards her desk. "Your grades are falling, is there anything that has been troubling you?"

"No, I just don't have enough time to study, my father distracts me from my work." I say.

"Well I could always help you. I'm here for you Mona. Be safe on your way home." She says. I thank her as I walk out the door.

My eyes stayed facing the ground, which caused me to run into someone. My papers scattered all over the floor.

"I'm sorry, let me help you pick those up." I heard Brian's voice say. I kneel down picking up the papers. He does the same.

"No, you don't need to help me. Why should you anyways?" I said. I stood up as he handed me the papers.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Just don't talk to me again. Thank you." I runaway from him as soon as I spoke. The only thing that troubled me now was why he helped me after Derek explained those words to him.