Chapter 16 - A try-hard, a nerd.

Start from the beginning

"Hey, no fair. I wasn't done reading that" I complain as I walk back to the bed and make myself comfy sitting against the headboard with my legs lying out in front of me.

Molly ignores my whining as she scrambles away from me and moves over to a desk. Opening the bottom draw she stuffs the paper under a pile of crap and locks it with a key. Keeping the key in her hand she turns slowly, her ass and hands support her weight as she leans against the desk. Her towel is back in its rightful place, tucked under her arms as her damp hair covers most of her face. Clearly she's in no mood to get close to me again. Her eyes stay down cast whist her teeth bite into her bottom lip. I can tell that she's waiting for me to say something.

I think about what I saw written on the paper. Was it some sort of bucket list that she wants to do before she dies? But then I recall the title 'The Fear List' and the things that she had numbered on there. Why would someone make a list of the things they are scared of?

"What does the list mean?" I ask lightly, hoping my soft approach won't send her running away from me.

She stays silent for a while before she finally mutters "Nothing" either because she's pissed or because she's too scared of opening up.

"It's not nothing. Why do you have fears written down on a list? I didn't get to see the rest but I'm guessing that there are more things that you are scared of written down on it." I proclaim. When she doesn't reply I try again. "Am I right?" I shift off the bed and move closer to her.

"Yes..." she whispers, still with her head down. I stop within a dozen inches between us and hope that my lengthy frame doesn't intimidate her.

"And why do you have them written down?" I probe, curious to see what her answer will be. But instead all I get is a shrug in response.

Letting out a sigh I run my hands through my now lightly damp hair and consider what to do with this new information. The more I get to know Molly the more oddly fascinating she becomes. It's weird to think that when I first saw her I just thought of her as everyone else. A try-hard, a nerd that keeps to herself to make sure she keeps her precious 4.0 GPA so that she can get into the elite colleges. But now new things come to light each and every day that I'm with her.

Her shyness, the loneliness, even the frightened emotions that racked through her body when Dan laid his hands on her or when she plummeted into the cold sea; they all helped aid me in this bet to win her over. This list is just another thing that has been placed at my feet, almost as if a present from the big man above to use to my advantage. What better way to get someone on your side than to help them with their problems.

Relationships consist of respect, love, lust and gratitude. Surely she will be thankful of my assistance to rid her of her pathetic little fears. They seem minor and pitiful, something that a kid would be scared of. It makes me wonder what is on the rest of the list, do they get worse?

Quickly coming to the conclusion that this list will help me get closer to Molly I scramble for a quick plan that will help me see it through.

"Ok, so how about I help you?" I request, trying to keep the pleased smile from my face.

"What do you mean?" Molly questions, unease taking over her face.

"What I mean is, let me help you overcome these fears. I'm betting that you wrote them down for a reason and that reason is most likely because you wanted to get rid of the fears once and for all" I explain. Her expression still seems lost though.

"Let's put it this way. Why do we write stuff down in a list? To get it done that's why. Think of it as a bucket list of things you need to overcome before you die but instead we will just limit it to a month.