Chapter 7 - Shits about to go down

Chapter 7 - Ren's POV

*Friday afternoon 14/05/14 - Bet: Day 3*

The rest of the day had me thinking about what I said to Molly and how this is most likely going to affect the bet. Thoughts of her kept running through my mind; the scared look on her face and the shock she probably felt from me treating her just like all the others.

I've been trying to come up with ways on how I can make this up to her but I know it won't be as simple as me approaching her; having a friendly chat, then boom instant best friends. I need to do that thing that men do to make the girl swoon, a gesture of some sorts. Now if I could only think about what this gesture is then I can put the plan into motion.

It's the end of school so I'm making my way out of the main doors; alone because I asked the guys to go on without me so I had some time to think. As I'm leaving I hear someone speaking but my attention snags when I hear the name Molly being tossed about. Who would be speaking about her? I retrace my steps heading in the direction that the voice carries from. It takes a few seconds to find because they are hidden behind some lockers.

I stay back, out of sight so they can't see me. There are two students but I can't see their faces as they are hidden from the cramped space where they currently stand. I don't make a sound and my breathing becomes lighter so that they don't suspect someone is observing them.

"Yeah, meet me later and I'll convince her to come out with me, I'll tell her that it's going to be just me and her" the voice I heard earlier whispers, it's a girl.

"Yeah that's cool, you think this is going to work though? I mean I know she's your best friend and all but she doesn't really speak to anyone, hell she doesn't even speak to me and we have been going out for nearly a week" a deeper, more manly voice answers.

"She needs to do this baby. Now that I have you, she is going to feel left out. I know that she's not very forthcoming with others and that she's shy but I've been using the slow approach with her for years with no results. I think if I just force her into this situation then maybe she might come out of her shell a bit more" the girl insists.

"Ok, but who are we going to set her up with? I don't know if any of the guys will be interested" the guy ponders

"Don't worry, leave it to me" she buzzes.

I'm waiting for the guy to answer the girl but her attitude changes from conniving to flustered when she speaks again.

"Oh shit! I need to go; Mol's probably waiting at my car. I'll see you later baby" she breathes out.

"Ok babe, but if you don't find a guy let me know" he proposes.

The conversation dies only to be replaced by sounds of moans and smacking lips. Guess they are giving each other a goodbye kiss. Finally they stop after what seems like a decade of my life has passed and I hear oncoming steps heading my way. I quickly move back and stroll down the corridor looking like I'm making my way out rather than having been standing there listening to their conversation. A small figure rushes past me and I know it's the girl that was just talking about Molly. When I pick up my pace I see exactly who it is. Elle.

I'm so fucking stupid, of course it would be Elle. They were talking about Molly and Molly only has one best friend, which I know of. Hell she only has one friend, so it shouldn't have been too hard to guess who was speaking about her.

The conversation that just took place seconds ago is confusing but I think I catch the drift for the most part. Maybe I could use this little bit of information to my advantage. It looks like I just won the lottery because someone just handed me the gold, the gold being the big gesture that I needed to get back on track with Molly. But more importantly back on track with the bet. It's time to make my move, to go in for the kill.