Chapter 5 - Good day in hell

Chapter 5- Molly POV

*Thursday morning 13/05/14 - Bet: Day 2*

The next day at school I walk around in a haze. Memories of the events that took place yesterday fill my mind during my classes. I'm unable to concentrate and my school work is being affected. I know that I need to keep my GPA up so it remains perfect for college. But for some reason this doesn't prevent my mind from wondering off topic. My brain seems to be sticking its middle finger up at the school work and demanding that we think about Ren instead.

Ren. I seem to be using that name a lot, when in fact it was only three days ago that his name had never left my lips, never crossed my mind for more than a second. Of course I knew of him but thoughts about him would never linger like they are now. My hand still has a prickle sensation from when he captured my hand yesterday. I was so shocked I had wanted to flee but Elle would have questioned it. I really don't want to start getting inquisitorial about why he suddenly has this fixation over me.

I faintly hear the bell ringing signalling that it's my next lesson. I have a study period so maybe I can catch up on all the work I've missed today. Elle's not in this class with me so I make my way out the classroom and towards my locker to catch up with her. They are situated next to each other so we always see each other between classes.

She greets me with a smile but it soon changes to a grimace so I shoot her a questioning look. I notice that her eyes are trained over my shoulder, ok maybe the person behind me is who the look was for. I turn my head discreetly to see who she is looking at and involuntarily let out a groan when I see who it is and realise that they are heading right this way. Great.

Ashley is the most popular girl in school, students following her every move. They say the girls envy her and the boys want to get with her, but there's not many left because she has already been with most of them. She thinks herself better than everyone else. She's does the stereotype justice with her long, sleek, bleached hair that hangs low on her back and an equally fake looking face to match. Highly arched eyebrows drawn a shade too dark and her wet pouting lips covered in way too much lip gloss. Rumour has it that her nose is definitely not her own but her boobs are still in question. Her chest is on full view, being hugged by a low-neck top and her legs barely encased by her skimpy skirt. To top it off she is walking around in sky scraper heels, it's a miracle that she hasn't toppled over from her top heavy frame. As the boys would say she looks totally 'bangable', but that's because plastic is their sort of thing.

"Hey Mute, Mute's friend" Ashley sneers at us.

Wow. I know that they call me Mute on a regular basis but now Elle has to face the wrath of Ashley as well. She's now known as Mutes friend, well that's just charming. I would have thought that her getting close to Ethan would spread her name around and make her more known between the students at school. Seems I was wrong.

I stay quiet and twist my hands together nervously, they start sweating so much I have to wipe them off on my jeans. It's like this every time she approaches me. Ashley full well knows that I won't retaliate to anything she throws my way so that just makes me easy pickings doesn't it. I have to deal with this a minimum of three times a week, but that's on a good week. I don't want to think about them bad weeks. A good week means a little shove here or a cruel remark there. Nothing too big, although every action and word said does have an impact even if I don't show it. You know the saying 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me' well yeah whoever made that up obviously didn't live in the real world where there are people like Ashely to make your life hell.

"What do you want Ashlyn?" Elle mocks.

If anyone is going to step up to Ashley it's going to be Elle. When she is with me Ashley and her little posse are nowhere near as harsh. I don't think they like someone standing up to them. That's why they go for me instead because they know I won't do anything.