Chapter 16 - A try-hard, a nerd.

Chapter 16 - Ren's POV

*Saturday afternoon 22/05/14 - Bet: Day 11*

A gasp leaves her mouth as I hold up the piece of crumpled white paper in my hand. It's folded so I'm unable to see the writing though. Just as I begin to open it Molly dives forward, her towel slipping to her waist as she tries to snatch it from my hand. By reflex my hands shoots higher out of reach, stopping her from grabbing it. Her hand lands on my thigh but she seems so out of sorts that she doesn't even realise. Trying again to take the sheet of paper from me I resist the urge to restrain her and lean further away instead.

"N-no, don't open it!" she shouts close to my ear. She's clearly forgotten about her objections to closeness or touching because her hand still remains firmly on my thigh.

Ignoring her I continue to open the sheet. I get a glimpse of different hand writing styles but before I have it all the way open Molly pounces again, her hand moving higher up my thigh this time. If she keeps touching me like this then we are going to have a little problem rising if she doesn't stop. She moves, pushing me further to the edge of the bed and before I can clutch onto her or the bed frame I'm falling sideways onto the hard flooring. My shoulder breaks the fall so luckily my head doesn't take a battering.

"Ow shit!" I moan. Rubbing my shoulder I stand, my hand still clasping the paper.

"Oh my god...I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean it" Molly squeaks. Her face looks mortified so I laugh it off to show her no harm done even though it hurts like a mother fucker. I expect to see a bruise there tomorrow.

"It's fine. My body's made of steel so I barely felt it" I reassure her.

I continue to stand rather than sit on the bed again. It's probably for the best considering that the girl that doesn't like physical contact somehow managed to push me out of the bed.

"Please, just give the paper back" she whines desperately but makes no move to get up from her small bed. Her hazel eyes plead with me, her bottom lip pouting but I don't think that she's aware of it so it makes it kind of cute.

The way that she begs tells me what I have in my hand is important. I'm intrigued to see what's written on it, maybe a love letter to pretty boy perhaps? I've seen the way that she looks longingly at him when no one is around. Although since we've been hanging out I've seen that pining look less and less.

Her towel still remains around her waist, as if she hasn't yet noticed that it fell. Her chest moves up and down rapidly with the loud pants she makes from being out of breath having to chase my hand that held the paper moments ago. Her small breasts are shaped nicely in the swimming costume that I was unfortunate to see earlier. Wet chocolate hair falls around her cleavage making my eyes linger as small trickles of water fall across her pale skin. With a small shake of my head I redirected my disturbing thoughts to the paper in my hand.

I open the sheet but instead of looking down I keep eye contact with Molly. I want to see her expression. I know it makes me a bastard for tormenting her, reading something that she clearly doesn't want me to see but it's got her distracted from all the mess that happened at the beach.

Her eyes clench shut so I move my eyes from her and onto the paper.

*THE FEAR LIST*

1. Arachnophobia - The fear of spiders.

2. Astraphobia - The fear of thunder and lightning.

Before I can read the rest the paper is suddenly seized from my hand before I can stop it. I guess I should have kept a closer eye on Molly because she obviously used the time that I became distracted for the time to attack.