Ch. 20: Atmosphere

Start from the beginning

"I gotcha." She spoke softly.

He looked down at her, confused. "Did I win?"

"Yeah, you won. It's dead."

"No, no, no." His words slurred, "The race you nit."

She couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, you won the race."

She began walking him over to a tree to sit him down. His wound was the first priority.

"You stay right here, alright? I'm going to wrap your wound until we get back to the castle."

"Do not worry, human, for I heal veryyyyyyyyyyy quickly."

"Okay, well, it's not quick enough for me. Now stay still." She grabbed the bottom of her shirt and pulled at it till it tore.

"Your shirt is ruined!"

"You sound drunk, just stay quiet."

She walked over to him and grabbed his arm. He pulled it away immediately.

"Get your filthy paws off me."

"You're in no condition to refuse. You're not even thinking straight." She glared at him. "Let me help you."

He stared at her for a few moments before turning away. "Continue if you must."

Those were the last words he spoke before passing out completely. Not from pain, but from the exposure of that smoke.

✂ ————————————

Dark's eyes fluttered open to the sun setting from his bedroom window. He squinted from the glare and turned over in his bed, only to feel excruciating pain in his arm. His face contorted to express this.

He sat up in his king sized bed and looked around the room, then at his wound. It was wrapped tightly with a small amount of blood soaking through. The memories of the forest event slowly came back to mind.

But where was (Y/n)?

"About time you woke up," Die spoke as he closed the bedroom door.

"Die?" Dark called out.

He smirked. "The one and only."

"Die, my friend, what happened?"

Die loosened his tie and began taking off his dress coat, setting it over the back of the chair then taking a seat himself. "You don't remember?"

"I don't recall much other than fighting a few Impure's."

"Well, I'll fill you into what I know. (Y/n) carried you to the castle. You were unconscious and bleeding. She said you were attacked by three Impure's, the third emitting a black smoke, causing you to pass out." He looked over at Dark. "She saved your life, I can only assume."

"Where is she?"

"She's in her room I believe."

Dark looked over at his wrapping once more. "And this, she did this as well?"

"She's very handy, you know. Crafty, innovative, you owe her your thanks at the very least."

Dark tossed away his covers and stood up. He was not about to spend his time in bed.

Die crossed his legs then stared up at the ceiling. "It's very strange you know."

"And what is that?" Dark pulled open a drawer looking for a shirt to wear.

"An Impure, being out during the daytime. Three of them at that. They must have been desperate for food."

"My concern lies more with the creature that secreted that awful black smoke. I have a slight headache from it." He sighed. "I will have to research the subject further. It's dangerous."