Ch. 15

A few days had passed and with (Y/n) feeling more at ease, and physically better she decided to take it upon herself to leave her room. This was the first time she was leaving, fear had kept her from doing son before. Anti and Die didn't seem all to eager to be around her since their discussion.

Learning more about Dark meant knowing his environment. He wasn't known to leave the castle all too much, then again that was what the public believed.

(Y/n) peaked out of the door and into the hall. Nothing was there. She walked out into shutting the door behind her. She stopped abruptly to look at Dark's door, wondering what was on the other side.

After dismissing her thought she began walking down the hall and getting a better look at the decor. It imitated works such as michelangelo, right down to the sculptures. She tried to pay attention to detail as she walked along, but there was too much to take in all at once.

"Attention, human." A guard spoke aloud.

She turned to see the demon in light armor, standing with his hands behind his back.

"Oh, hello, what's going on?"

"It is my duty to report to the leader of your whereabouts. Where are you traveling to?"

She looked down the hall, then back at the demon. "Uhh, well, I don't know— do you —" She paused in thought. "—is there a library here?"

"Yes, the great library holds books from all corners of the world, specifically picked out by the leader himself."

"So it's a personal collection? Can you show me where this room is?"

"The library is located down two halls, take a right, walk down two more halls and the door is on your left. I must report back to the leader immediately."

"Alright, that's fine, thank you."

The demon raised a brown, surprised at her kindness, then turned and walked away towards Dark's office.

She followed his directions and was greeted by two large doors at least ten feet tall. The handles were round iron rings. She gripped one of them and began pulling the large door open.

The room was dark. She placed her hand on the wall and felt a switch. "Huh, electricity, who would have thought."

Upon flipping the switch (Y/n) discovered a large library is horrific condition. Dust littered the floor and books. Books were either on the floor, open, or in piles of different heights, some even towering over her. Cobwebs were on every corner, every fixture. She couldn't believe the condition of this place.

She carefully walked around the piles observing the condition of some of the books. This room hadn't been touched in years it seemed, besides Anti or Die grabbing her a book her and there. Across the room were windows covered by velvet curtains. One by one she began opening up the windows to let the light inside. The room itself came alive from the bright sun.

In the mean time this would keep her preoccupied. After all, who else would organize these books?

_______

It was now late in the evening and Dark was returning to his chambers. After a long day of paper work and sorting through laws, conversations and other means of government he was happy to finally settle down.

That is..

Till he noticed (Y/n)'s door. Lunch and dinner sat outside of her door, untouched and cold. He walked over to the dishes looking down at them, then up to her door.

He placed his ear against the door then knocked twice. After several moments of silence he opened the door and walked inside. The moon from the open window lit up the room.