Ch. 18: Mask

"Why do I have to help you find'er?" Anti wined as he followed Dark.

"Because she is a skilled demon hunter. This castle is far too large for a single demon to handle."

"Why don't we just get Die."

"Die is very busy tending to my duties. I'm sure we'll find her shortly."

"We should check her room first."

They turned the corner to see a guard beaten up and on the ground. He was clearly in pain and shock.

"What the hell happened to you?" Anti asked walking over to him.

"The human just came by here. I asked her where she was traveling to and she just— she snapped. I couldn't keep up with her."

"And which way did she travel?" Dark inquired.

"Down the hall and to the left, Sir."

Dark walked over the soldier and made his way down the hall. "Anti, see to it the guard finds help, then come and find me."

"Be careful, Dark."

Dark rolled his eyes. He didn't believe that the human could ever hurt him, enough to bother him anyway. His senses were heightened and waiting for anything. His eyes scanned every inch and corner he passed by. He listened carefully for breathing or walking. He was especially attentive to vibrations that may have rattled through the floor. Although it would be harder to feel those due to it being rock.

Slowly but surely he made his way to (Y/n)'s room. Artistic pieces that sat near it were torn down in what seemed to be a tantrum.

He approached the door and knocked on it. "Open the door, human."

There was no answer.

"Typical." He muttered under his breath.

Dark gripped the handle and began pushing it open, but it wouldn't budge. He paused, then tried again. Again, it did not budge.

"Human unlock the door this instance." His voice became louder.

"Is there a problem?" Die asked from behind Dark.

Dark turned suddenly not expecting his friend to be there, "No problem, just— a small situation. I can handle it though, Die."

Die nodded. "She won't open the door?"

"A bit— adamant, at the moment."

"What did you do?" Die's head tilted to the side.

"I did nothing wrong of course. As you know the humans are to be a bit dramatic when it comes to nearly everything."

Die's attention turned towards Anti who was walking up behind Dark with dried blood on his hands, and some on his face.

"Go on." Die nodded.

Dark continued to feed Die complete nonsense. "And seeing that the human is a human, and a female at that, it's of no surprise that she has found my comments —"

"You can stop with the speech, Dark. I'd like to know why Anti is covered in blood, and I'm really hoping it's not (Y/n)'s."

Dark turned to see Anti who shrugged his shoulders. He let out a sigh before speaking. "Anti had taken care of a rebel spy in the presence of the human. I suppose the sight of her was slightly disturbing and she ran off."

"And how the hell did he take care of them? You gave me your word that there would be no killing until New Years. It looks like you tore them apart!" Die raised his voice.