eleven

"Doris! Doris!" I flutter my eyes open and see Lucy tapping me on my shoulder.

I sit up and look around. I'm in the bedroom that Lucy and I are sharing for tonight. "What Luce?"

"Harry says he's hungry!" Lucy grins. I groan and stare at the clock. Five forty five.

I don't have to cook, I'm not his fiancé--oh. I run my right hand through my hair that was somehow out of its bun.

What did these people to do me while I was asleep? "Okay, Lucy."

Lucy hops out of the bed and runs out if the bedroom. I clumsily stand up and walk down the hall. I see that Harry is with William. He's always over.

"What did you want to eat dear?" I clear my throat and put on the act for William.

"Doesn't matter. I'm just hungry," Harry replied.

Lucy looked up and exchanged glances between Harry and I. Shit. I walk into the kitchen and I could hear Lucy's little feet behind me.

I bring out the ingredients for spaghetti and Lucy sits in a chair in the kitchen. "I thought Harry wasn't your boyfriend."

"He's not."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Then why did you call him dear? And why do you have on a ring?"

"Because, Lucy. Can we not talk about this?" I sighed and started to boil a pan of hot water.

"Okay," Lucy shrugged and left the kitchen.

I brung out some hamburger meat and sat in on the counter as I heard the front door open and close, signalizing that William is gone.

Then I hear Lucy's light voice, "Harry?"

"Yeah?"

She waited for a bit. "Is Doris your girlfriend?"

"Who is Dor--oh yeah she's my fiancé," Harry told Luce.

"Do you love her?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to marry her?"

"Obviously."

I could hear her sigh, "Well, why does she tell me that she doesn't have a boyfriend?"

This time Harry sighed. "I don't know."

"You should! I think something is going on..prove that you love her!"

I mentally groan while Harry groans out loud. If his lips touch mine again, I might just strangle him.

"We're just having problems, Luce. I love her. I really do," Harry said reassuringly.

"Oh, okay then!" Lucy says cheerfully and I could hear her skip to the bedroom.

I turn off the stove and let the meat cool down. I turn around and Harry leans against the frame of the kitchen door. "You heard that didn't you, Jessa?"

I nod and walk out the kitchen past him. He walks after me, "What's wrong?"

"Just so frustrated.." I sit on the couch and put my head in my hands.

After dinner, I told Harry what I was planning to do. I told Shirley and she happily agreed. The clock read nine now and I put on some jeans, white t shirt, and my black flats. I wish I would've thought of bringing some gym shoes or something.

I walked out of the house and began to take the sort of long walk alone to the orphanage. While I'm walking, light rain falls and I hope my hair doesn't get frizzy.