Morning Star, 31st

"The Land of Skyrim is big miss, You sure you can take care of yourself?"

"Norvika I told you, you can call me (Y/N). My father isn't around anymore, and yes I can. Don't worry I will bring back everything we need to live off of or I'll bring you and mother to Skyrim, I know mother doesn't dare to leave the house but how else am I supposed to keep you guys safe that was brothers job and look where it got him." Norvika gave me a sad look, she was very fond of my brother Mercer, My father died trying to protect him when he was little. Mercer tried to avenged his death by killing the man who tore my family apart but that's only what Norvika and my mother know. "Norvika I will be back The first of second seed. I'll try to send letters. I'll be in a town called Riften, It's one of those towns that's on the water, I heard it was beautiful but I do need to watch myself while in there, you know thieves and such." I didn't even say goodbye I just left, as fast as my horse could caring me.

Sun's Dawn, 9th

It took a couple of days to get to Riften and there's one person I needed to see before I do anything and I mean anything. I walked into the Bee and Barb I looked around to see if the one person that knows where my brother really is. I sent letters reaching out to a friend I made last time I went to Skyrim her name was Vex, she's the only person Mercer wanted me to meet. I looked around to see Vex harassing the shopkeeper. All the eyes in the room turned towards me.

"So you're finally here." A familiar voice came into play. "And what no hug?" I turned around to see Mercer with arms wide open, I quickly jumped into his arms, I was crying and laughing at the same time I'm over welded with emotions. "I've missed you so much (Y/N)." we moved apart from one another. "Hows mom and Norvila?"

"Norvila is well." He gave me a strange look.

"And mother?"

"Mother isn't doing so good, ever since you died she hasn't left the house or her bed. She doesn't eat much and I can't make her get up."

"I'm sorry to leave you with the Breton (Y/N)." he pushed my hair out of my face. "Let me help you get settled in."

"Good idea." I headed for the innkeeps desk. Mercer grabbed my arm. "What the big idea?"

"I have a house you can stay in although I had never stayed in it you could put it to good use while you're here." I didn't expect that but it works. Vex followed us out, but she went a different way than us.

Mercer went back to he took out his bow and shot a gear then a ramp fell. I gave him a strange look. "I'm a very important person here in riften I can't just use the main entrance." He picked up my bags and carried them inside. "And it fun doing it this way." I followed him inside, there was a man sitting that drinking out of a bowl. "(Y/N) this is my house guard, Vald he can be an ass but he's a good guy when you get to know him. He's like a brother to him." Mercer's house was empty, the fire wasn't even lit.

"Hey Mercer." Mercer hummed in responds as we walked down starts to a room that was fully furnished. "Is it okay that I clean up the house a little bit?"

"Do what you like Vald is the only person that stays here, I'm only here went I meet a lady friend."

"Ewwww gross stooooopppp talking Mer." we both laughed. I sit down on the bed, mercer joins me. "Remember the time mother tried to make you eat tomatoes and you throw them outside and hit me?"

He starts cuckling. "Aye, I do remember the time you ran inside crying like a little girl." I elbowed him in the side. "Father told us to stop being baby's or fight it out and he gave us two swords."

"Them you wet your pants and said you didn't want to hurt a girl, then father called you a milk drinker." I pulled up a piece of my armor to show a small but harmfull scar aboved my belly button. "You swung that sword with all your might and you got me, you ass."

"I may be an ass but who stayed by you bed side when you were getting better?"

"If I remember correctly it was mother." we both started laughing.

"Enough reminiscing you need sleep I'll see you in the morning." Mercer kissed my forehead and left my room shutting the door with him. It didn't take me long to starts dreaming, nights sleeping out in the woods waking up every five minutes to make sure I wasn't being dragged out of my tent by wolves or bandits.

I couldn't move my body, It was stunned. I was in a nordic ruin, some girl in a hood and the outfit mercer was wearing when I saw him.

"Do you honestly think your arrow will reach me before my blade finds your heart?"

"Give me a reason."

"You're a clever girl, Karliah. Buying goldenglow Estate and funding Honningbrew Meadery was inspired."

"'To ensure an enemy's defeat, you must first undermine his allies.' It's the first lesson Gallus taught us."

"You always were a quick study."

"Not quick enough, otherwise Gallus would still be alive."

"Gullus had his wealth and he had you. All he had to do was look the other way."

"Did you forget the Path we took as Nightingales? Did you expect him to simply ignore your methods?"

"Enough of this mindless banter! Come, Karliah. It's time you and Gallus to become reunited!"

"I'm no fool, Mercer. Crossing blades with you would be a death sentence. But I can promise you next time we meet, it will be your undoing."

The girl named Karliah disappeared. My brother Mercer approached me. "How interesting. It appears Gallus's history has repeated itself. I have no problem killing you like I killed Father, I just need an excuse and Karliah has provided me with the mean to get rid of you, and this ancient tomb becomes your final resting place. I'll be certain to give brynjolf your regards. Farewell my sister, you've always been good to me after Father beats me." Mercer drew his sword everything went black.

I woke up it sweat, I hadn't realized I must have screamed because Vald and Mercer broke down my door it a couple seconds. "Are you okay? Is there any intruders? Did you fall? Are you ill?" Mercers sword was drone and ready for battle.

"I'm fine just a bad dream." Vald nodded his head and left. Mercer was about to leave. "Mer?" he stopped in his tracks. "Can I meet Brynolf?"

"Brynolf?" he turned around. "How do you know of him?"

"Vex." he hummed, not giving me a responds.

"Go to sleep little one I will see you in the morning." I tried to go back to sleep but it was hard I didn't want that dream again.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I had this saved on my google docs for like years and I've just gotten around to publishing it so here ya'll go.