A B C, it's as easy as 1 2 3

"The first thing you need to do to make James Potter fall madly in love with you is be Lily Evans."

Lily raised an eyebrow. "Will you be serious?"

"I am always Sirius, darling," he answered grinning at her in the firelight.

"Oh for bloody hell's sake," Lily groaned and stood up, but Sirius caught her wrist and tried at tugging her back to the floor of the Gryffindor Common Room, where they'd convened before the fire after everyone else had gone to sleep. "Stop that," Lily commanded, "If you aren't going to take this seriously — do not make the joke, no bad dog, shut your mouth — then there's absolutely no point to losing the sleep!"

Sirius sat quietly until she was finished and then, "Alright will you shut it? You're the one assuming me telling you to be Lily Evans is a joke."

"Because I am Lily Evans," she said.

"Are you, love? I had no idea!" Sirius grinned and laughed as Lily turned to walk away, pulling so hard she managed to drag him a couple steps in that direction. "OKAYYYY! Listennnn!" He urged, "You've been acting differently toward him lately. We all have. But if you want his attention, you've got to act like yourself. You've got to act like Lily Evans if you were the Lily Evans that was dating James Potter. Minus all the dirty stuff."

Lily hesitated. She turned about and sat back down across from him bu the fire again. "Alright. Go on, then."

"You've got to touch his arm when you laugh at his jokes and bat those pretty green eyes of yours like you can't believe your fucking eyes at how handsome that fucker is. You've got to swoon."

"Lily Evans does not swoon."

"Oh yes she does," Sirius argued. "I've seen you watch him climb off his broomstick on the pitch, when his hair's all gloriously messy and there's a glistening sheen of sweat on his brow... and his quidditch robes are just tight enough to see his physique..."

"I'm sorry, do you want to date James Potter?" Lily interrupted him, "Because your gay is showing."

Sirius grinned. "I already do date him."

"Right. Tuesdays and Bank Holidays," she said, "I forgot."

"Well, mark your calendar for the future, we don't need us having conflicting dinner plans."

Lily stared at Sirius, then, "How can you be so flippant about this? How is it so easy for you? Falling in love?"

"Easy?" Sirius snorted. "Evans, it took me over a year to even consider being brave enough to try."

"True. I forgot about that. You coward. Transferring you to Hufflepuff as we speak."

"Don't you bloody dare."

Lily smirked. "I've a feeling that lies outside of my powers as prefect."

"Who knew there were limits?" Sirius smirked.

Lily stuck out her tongue.

Sirius leaned back against the couch, stretching his legs out before him so that his stocking-covered toes were warmed by the fire. He crossed his arms up behind his head and stared into the flames, the flickering glow pooling around them. Lily mimicked him, smirking as she felt him glance over at her in amusement as she slouched, trying to make her legs appear as long as his.

"What's the next step?" Lily asked, "Besides being myself?"

"Stop denying it when other people accuse you of liking him," Sirius said.

Lily flushed.

"I'm serious," he said.

"You always are," she filled in.