Chapter 5

First his wife, and now his daughter. His trembling fingers dialed the three emergency numbers. "911. What's your emergency?"

Each second that passed felt like a decade. Adam's daughter had been kidnapped by a weird creature and yet here he was, standing helplessly by the police car.

His brain was about to explode, he was weeping like a little kid. He had already thought about all the possible outcomes and they were all like a nightmare to him. He felt hopeless and despised himself for not being able to protect his daughter.

How could he be so stupid? How could he leave her alone with that monster.

Adam knew, if something happened to Rita, he will never forgive himself, he will have to end his life. He can never imagine living without his daughter and wife.

However, he stood, waiting and waiting for any sign of hope. His daughter was his only hope in life and she cannot be taken away from him. She was his treasure.

After five long torturing hours, one of the three search parties returned, and with them they brought the creature and Rita. Adam ran to Rita and took her into his arms, he hugged her so tight her bones could break, but he did not care. His daughter was back into his arms again.

"I'm sorry, officer, it's my fault, I didn't tell him we were going out." The redhead thing smiled and shook hands with the head of the search party.

"It's okay ma'am, just make sure you notify him next time, please. Have a good night." He tapped his hat and left.

Then it looked at Adam. Its eyes burnt through his flesh into his soul. He felt as if it was going to eat him, then and there.

"Honey, you could've called me."

"I-I am sorry." Adam said putting Rita down "I panicked. But I am glad you're" Dead. Dead. Dead. "okay."

The thing smiled and approached him slowly. It wrapped its arms around Adam's neck.

"Sorry for worrying you, honey."

Its smirk was killing Adam. His whole body was tingling, he wanted to shake off its arms so much, but he knew better than to do that; it was too risky.

"Good night." It said to Adam, with the dead smile and eyes.

Adam hated every moment that creature breathed. The longer it lived the more trouble it brought. He no longer cared about the consequences. He was going to do it tonight.

Adam lay in bed and pretended to be asleep until it finally left bed to drink. He quietly followed it, he knew that whatever was going to happen down there would change his life forever, but he was ready to risk it for Rita.

It had its back to the stairs, but when it felt Adam coming from behind, it turned around quickly. Adam quickly circled his hands around its neck and pushed it back over the sink with all his power. It started whipping its arms in the dark in attempt to fight back.

"What did you do to my wife?!" Adam tightened his fingers around its throat, cutting off its air supply.

The creature kept gasping for air and fighting Adam with all its might. It was digging its fingernails into his wrists trying to dislodge him, screaming silently, gasping for breath. However, Adam's fingers curled around its neck, pressing and closing more and more. The thing ended up kicking Adam in the stomach, Adam coiled back, which gave it a moment to catch its breath and attempt to escape. Its voice was gone and it couldn't scream.

"Adam, it's me!" It cried.

This raged him, it made blood rush to his head. That creature still dared to continue pretending, he had to make it regret. Adam quickly grabbed a knife and pushed it through its stomach. For less than a second, he did not realize what he had done and neither did the creature. The creature weakly fell to its knees and onto the floor with black blood quickly spreading around the wound. Adam lifted his hands, both grabbing the kitchen knife, he gathered all his might for the next impact on its chest.

"Daddy?"

Adam's heart stopped for a moment. He felt like he were a child again, caught stealing candy. Now his child just saw him killing what she thought was her mother.
He looked over his shoulder, he was soaked in blood.

"Honey," He stood turning towards her.
She kept her eyes on him and did not notice the body that lay on the floor.

"Dad, why is there red on your shirt?" She blinked multiple times, and her voice cracked.

He walked to her and carried her on one arm, he removed the bangs off of her eyes leaving a trail of blood on her forehead.

"Honey, dad is doing something important at the moment, will you please go back to sleep?" He kissed her forehead, by then Rita had been completely dirtied with blood all over.

She nodded and he put her down on the stairs and watched till she returned to her room. Adam turned around to the body with the knife still in his hand, but the body was not there anymore. What was left was a dark trail of blood leading to the back door. Adam followed the trail to find the creature wheezing and struggling to reach the door handle, he took sounding steps and roughly pulled it from its leg. Adam quickly rose his hands and then clashed the knife into its flesh.

Adam remembered his wife and child. They are why he was doing this. This was an awful creature and it had to die, it had to be gone. Adam stabbed and stabbed over and over. He did not stop until its black blood filled its soulless eyes. He did not stop even after it had long stopped resisting. Over and over again he ploughed the knife into its organs, each impact stronger than the one before. He started to find taste in it. He started to find joy in the feeling of the knife butchering its organs and the sound of the black liquid splurting out of its organs. He did not mind the warm thick blood that was soaking him. He did not even bother wiping off the blood that flew to his lips or close to his eyes.

He finally stood and looked down at the body. Its auburn hair was everywhere stained with blood. Its skin was drenched in blood, and the parts that were mildly clean were blue.

Its eyes were wide open, but it did not bother Adam anymore, because this time, its eyes were really dead.