Один

Many millennia ago, there lived three brothers along with their mother and father. One day, the father left without warning and never came back. "Mother," called the little, six year old boys, "Where has father gone off to? He has yet to come back after three days." The red haired boy interrogated.
"Averett," Their mother sighed. "Favian, Rahim-I don't know how to put this." She sighed. She suspected that their father left because he couldn't stand to be around them with another woman tempting him. In actuality, he was laying on the cold, hard ground, choking on his own blood. He was drafted to join the army, and with the raging  wars, no one could tell what battlefield they would be posted on. He whispered a small apology, regretting how he abruptly left in the middle of the night-better to let them know and worry about his safety that to wonder throughout one's life, what had happened to him or even if he was still alive.
"I do not know how to explain this to you..." She trailed off. "All I know is that he is never coming back." She concluded as she walked away, tears stinging in her beautiful green orbs. It was true that he would never be returning-or rather she wouldn't let him. She swore if she saw that man's face again, she would go insane.
Years went by and the children grew up into handsome, young men--ready to take on whatever challenge faced them. They could bring a warrior to their knees with Averett's courage, Favian's wits, and Rahim's compassion. However, evidently, they could not bring down a simple wizard, for they ventured out to find one.
You see, their dear mother grew ill and could hardly sit up in bed-she was fading too quickly for their liking. They realized that she had come down with the plague, killing off humanity rapidly. The triplets, now 19, marched into the woods, thinking they were prepared to face the wrath of a wizard if they were caught. Unbeknownst to him, this warlock was a special one, who could die  again and again and  again and nothing would change, because she would be reborn again. No one knew the witch in the woods, so no one noticed her ranking
They watched as a seemingly young girl, looking to be estimatedly their age, to leave the cottage. There was the scream of a girl from inside as a bright burst of light leaked from the haphazardly curtained windows, followed by a girl, still seemingly their age stumbled out, falling on her behind as she faced her assailant.
"You think you have the right to sneak into someone's house and take what you want!? Only because your poor daddy is dying and the kingdom is in great peril!?" A feminine voice mocked as another lass stepped into their field of vision.
"Please! The king needs the jade vine flowers! He is ill and unfit to rule! We need a that man to rule this country!"
"Not going to happen!" came your curt reply.
"Then give me the wheel of Samsara!" This seemed to get everyone's attention. The wheel of Samsara was a formidable weapon if you knew how to use it right--the owner had power over life and death--That witch had power over life and death. Suddenly, the wood of the bridge they hid by felt colder than it did before and they weren't feeling as courageous as they had before.
"Let me tell you something princess." The witch took a sharp but long intake of air, before she started talking again. "Have you ever thought about the pros of him being gone? And it's not like I could give you the wheel of Samsara-even if I wanted to. It must be wielded by a soul who will not abuse its power throughout every life they live, and it is not like handing over a gift, the process is much more complicated than that and would probably take up both of our lifetimes.
"What are you implying?"
"I would say the people's suffering from that greedy excuse of a king and of a father of yours is quite obvious-but then again you are coddled in the highest tower waiting for your knight in gold armor made out of the unreasonable taxes they are made to pay. While you prince and you are having a grand old time in bed and feasting off of money, there are sitting, waiting, wondering if they will get any food today. Tomorrow. Ever!"
"If you have noticed this, why haven't you fixed it!?" The princess screamed, utterly enraged.
"Because This kingdom needs to learn to solve their own problems, and I am more than willing to risk a few lives for that." The witch turned back into the house to fetch a bag of sorts. "I await the day the king dies and someone is willing to make a change to the faults in this god forsaken land." You mumbled.
"Where are you going!?"
"Town, idiot. Thanks to that well planned stunt you pulled," She drawled, sarcasm oozing from the words she uttered. "I need to go look for some supplies as you made me use a difficult spell that required more than incantations."
"Then, I shall assist yo-"
"If you want to join me in hopes you will change my mind, you're wasting your time. Now," She got into a position like that of the trainees in Doctor Strange when opening portals. "Don't move or you might end up  in an entirely new dimension. You wouldn't want that now would you? You still have to serve the father that treats you more as money." The mage chirped. She mouthed random syllables, but no sound came from her mouth--as if she had suddenly gone mute. There was a cacophony of howls, tweets, and other beastly as everyone felt the air knocked out of them. Ribbons surrounded the princess and she was supposedly transported back to her castle.
Only ow did they bother to get a good look at the witch-the woman they had to pass to get the ingredients to cure the plague, not only for their mother but maybe the entire village depending on the amount they got.
She was also their age-at least in looks-who knew how old she really was. She had (H/l) (H/c) that seemed silkier than the ribbons that engulfed the princess only moments before. Her eyes were a precious (E/c) while her pink, plump lips stood out from her (S/t) skin. Her outfit consisted of a white button up with a blue and pink, diamond patterned overcoat that just rested on her shoulders. Your black leather pants hugged your hips but were mostly obscured by your thigh high boots that also took on an onyx hue.
The young sorceress perked up as she heard something move from the side of the bridge. Fear kicked in and swallowed you like a tidal wave as you bolted across the bridge and past where the noise had come from. Obviously afraid, you kept running to the market to get what you needed to get.
The boys acted fast as they stood up straight and dashed into the cottage, wary of the skeletons and cages that surrounded the wizard's home. It was only a matter of time until she came back, so they knew they had to get the flowers and recipe, and get out of there.
They found a waterfall towards the back and noticed fairly large blue vines. They were surprised to finally find this rare plant in such an open space, but then again, hardly anyone traveled here unless they had a death wish.
Averett stalked towards the stalks growing tall on the smooth, wet rock framing the waterfall. Everyone knows the (B/s) witch protects everything she finds necessary for her future reincarnations. Protection doesn't necessarily mean that it must be hidden-it can be right in front of someone-taunting them--teasing them-but they could never get to it; at least, not without the witch. Or the smarts.
The flowers were sealed with a special sort of blood magic that was ten times more powerful and harder to break than that of a normal one.Every magician held a vial of their soul's blood for if reincarnated (Without the wheel of Samsara, that is), they could bypass their own field, only in someone else's body. It was smart, but there were some witches that were paranoid enough to brung a vial of their own blood with them-if anyone ever found it with them-at least townspeople and whatnot-it would be their downfall, for the people would gather their torches and pitchforks and march up to the house of a wizard with a strange sense of courage they never felt before then.
"If I had to hide a vial of my blood that lets one to my personal treasures, where would I hide it." Averett asked himself. He looked to a shelf of books and moved some around, finding a vial of red liquid. He snatched it off the shelf as his two younger brothers approached him. He popped off the cap but was suddenly hit with a rancid smell. Quickly he shoved the cork back in-no way that was the blood of a wizard. They all looked back outside, to the chained skeleton of an unrecognizable beast, a shiver shot down their spine like a bullet at the prospect of a woman draining the beast of it's blood.
A good five minutes past when an idea came to Favian's head. He made a beeline back to the witch's desk, where a few different types of guns she had been remodelling He looked at the rusty musket in the corner of the table, backed up against the window. He gripped the fairly large, dusty gun, He looked it over before popping open the shoulder rest, letting something sleek slide into his hand. No doubt, it was the blood of a mage.
"Rahim, Averett, I have found her blood." He claimed aloud, prompting his brothers to join him. They paced back to the light cyan vines. They all took a tiny sip from the small toob and walked into the garden.
They speedily plucked a few off, enough so no one suspected any had gone missing. They made their way back to the cottage and started looking for what one would consider a cookbook with some deranged looking and sounding ingredients and products. They came across the book soon enough as they remembered seeing it when they found the skeleton's blood.
They opened the book so fast amd desperate, they nearly tore the book down it's spine and they flipped through the uncountable amount of pages, so rapidly, they almost missed what they were looking for. The trio stopped abruptly.
"Attention: This potion ceases the suffering of the one who creates it by, say, bringing back the dead; fixing a broken toy; riding someone of a certain illness, etc. but as soon as the creator dies, things go back to normal." Rahim read aloud. "Only one drop is needed and must soak into the physical object of their pain-directly--you cannot drop the potion onto a coffin if you want to bring back the dead---it must be in their mouths."
"First..." and commenced the tedious making of magic. It wasn't long before they heard a growl outside. They all turned their heads to find the bones of the beast recollecting themselves to form the beast once again. It looked like a creature out of hell had come back to life-which was probably exactly the case.
The creature, now merely bone, easily slid through the metal choker that held it back in life. It charged forward, to the house. The boys each shared a look of horror before bolting out of the back door, just in time too for the creature burst through the door and raced through the hut to catch up to them-probably with the intention to eat them despite its rather boney state.
They made it a good ways into the forest before Rahim was tackled to the ground by none other than the hell hound as they now considered it. Averett, being the braver one, rushed to help his brother first soon followed by Favian who gave orders as to how to distract the creature and lead it away.
They successfully got it away but was now chasing after Averett. He dashed back the way he came but didn't get very far as he was tackled just like his brother. He thought it was the end for him, until he saw something glint in the moonlight and ribbon wrap themselves around the motherfucker.
He silently cheered as the beast was reeled back, but stopped revelling in victory when he noticed who had saved his life.
There stood an enraged, thousand year old girl with a clock in her hand. She pressed a small button on the top of it and the ribbons around the creature, now a couple yards away, compressed and the beast seemed to explode as the ribbon condensed against each other.
The witch hopped down and looked at the brothers, now meeting up and hugging one another, completely ignoring the sorceress before them. They looked back at her and, just for the slightest moment-so brief one would have imagined it- there was something in her (E/c) eyes.
Jealousy.
Jealousy for the family she could never have.
The look left as soon as it came and the triplets stood up. She pressed the button on the pocket watch again and red ribbons started encircling them. They panicked and held onto each other tightly.
"We only want to save our mother! Please!" Rahim exclaimed.
"We beg of you!" Favian pleaded. Another emotion flashed into your eyes but was gone faster than the last-one of pain, empathy, and longing to let them go. But apparently it was not up to her for the words she spoke next broke them.
"The lion... may he be stripped of his pride and courage... the bear... may his educated predictions not be so accurate... and may the tiger's heart turn to ice-devoid of compassion." You muttered as they stared at you, eyes wide as saucer plates.
Ribbons around them started twirling faster and obscured their vision. Before their eyes, they transformed into a lion, a tiger, and a bear. The ribbons dispersed and they gaped at her unforgiveness.
Out of pure rage, Favian charged at the wizard and knocked the pocket watch out of her grip. She quickly shoved the bear off her and scrambled over to the broken piece of machinery. She stared at the pieces in utter horror as they all took in what had just happened.
He broke the wheel of Samsara.
The girl started hyperventilating and whipped over to the three animals.
"What have you done!?" She screeched. Tears welled in her eyes and started to dry heave.
"I-I didn't mean to-I'm--"
"I know" came the girl's simple reply as her eyes were overcast with (H/c) bangs. "I will bring this," She picked up the vial of the potion recently made, "and give it to your mother." You mumbled so quietly, if the three were still human they surely would have missed it. They were astounded at the fact that she was willing to do it.
"But-"
"I did not give the potion to her because she didn't make it. It would not have worked. Plus, the royal guards would march up to my doorstep to make it again because it didn't work. The king's suffering is not the root of my own so it would have no effect. Of the king wants to save his people, he must remember that we are still here and let that hurt him. Then, he can make the potion himself and give it to the people." She reasoned "When you pleaded for the life of your mother, there are a few reasons I did what I did. For one, you didn't beg for your own lives. Two, you remind me of myself.
You are to roam this forest until you can learn to love without a heart," She glanced at Rahim. "Think without a brain." Her eyes trailed to Favian. "And act upon courage without your pride." Lastly, her head positioned itself to Averett.
"Upon regaining these traits, you will learn forgiveness, and will regain most your human form. Now, my house is not your home, you may not travel in there-the rest of the forest is now yours as much as it is mine."
"You really aren't the monster we heard of." Favian whispered absentmindedly. He looked around as if realizing what he had just said. The witch glared at him but shook her head, remembering she striped him of his will to act with his brain.
"Now off you go. Your punishment will continue until moral improves-which could be never and you will live eternally as animals, beyond the grasp of death." She claimed as she turned to walk off.
It does not take her long to get back to the house. She watches as the beast's bones roll back to the rock and the chain snaps itself back to the bones, as if it never came back to life and never left.
The sorceress sighed, knowing she-again-didn't have enough supplies or time to make another potion considering she had to repair the wheel of Samsara, but she would the following day.
Throughout the entire night, she connected every link and finally got it working again. By the time she could hear the damn clock ticking again, the sun was just reaching the tree line. She stood from her desk and made her way out of the house. When she was walking across the bridge, the clock stopped, but no one noticed it. Unbeknownst to the witch, a small gear popped out of the clock and slid through the cracks and into the rapidly flowing river-soon ending up in the large lake below.
That fact put aside, she walked to the house on the outskirts of the quaint village-the one of the three boys. She was about to knock on the door when she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She whipped around to face the numerous confused townspeople, the unnecessary amount of royal guards, and the princess in the front of it all.
"Ms. (Y/n) (L/n), We have come here to punish you for your insolence to royalty, use of witchcraft, refusing to make the cure for the plague that has curse this kingdom's mighty king. As punishment," the princess smirked. "Death."
She had no time to react as the sword of the general was plunged through her heart and stuck onto the door. The vial of the potion in her hands, slipped and shattered onto the ground and sizzled away into nothingness. As a last attempt of reassurance, she grasped her pocket watch that always hung at her hip. She brought it so the light of the sun glinted off it, blinding her slightly. What she saw did not reassure her. Her eyes grew wide and the prospect of really dying hit her like a brick. Unable to grasp onto life any longer, the clock fell back to her side as did her hand, and she took her last breath.
Apparently, the gear that had popped off was the gear of memories. The girl was reborn again and again, her general story played the same way-again and again, but never remembers anything from her past lives." The storyteller finished. He was an old man sitting upon an empty barrel in front of the house that this mysterious witch was supposedly murdered. You walked up to the door and placed your hand upon it, feeling a certain sense of familiarity.
"The three animals watched their mother worsen and starve to death from the back, where the woods are. They could not see the front of the house, so they did not know the sorceress had been murdered, prompting a hatred to grow within them, awaiting the girl's return. Some claim to have seen the three, but those are just silly rumors." Everyone jeered at the thought of something like that happening.
"Who knows? That girl may have been reincarnated and is among us!" A random person mocked prompting everyone, including the storyteller, laughed. You, however, stayed silent and unresponsive, your calculating gaze kept unwavering on the door, as if the hole in the door where a supposed sword had been, was a bad omen. You gripped the small rusted clock in you purse as if it were a thin lifeline.
""Hey (F/n)," a voice rang through the cackling of the others. You felt a hand rest on your shoulder and you snapped out of your stupor at the contact. "You okay? You seriously don't believe all that nonsense, do you?" asked your older sister who you seemed to adore.
"No! Of course not! Why do you ask?" You questioned.
"Well, you've been staring at  that door as if it's going to swallow you whole for a good five-ish minutes." She proposed.
"I'm fine. Where to next?"
"According to the map," she whipped out the map of the town. "There's a food court in the center that we can visit after the church that's just down the road." She pointed at all different directions; you weren't able to follow. "Come on! Let's go!" She cheered. She jumped down the steps, you following closely behind. The elder ran ahead, clearly excited for a day of history, leaving you and the rest of your family in the dust. You family followed her, but you stopped upon taking a few steps away from the forest behind.
The crowd and the storyteller had dispersed long ago and there were no onlookers, so being the curious girl you were, you ventured into the great beyond.
Everything was either green or brown, not another color in sight. You noticed that there was no trash within these woods, meaning there was hardly anyone who went in here.
You took out your clock as you started to enter the darker part of the forest. You glanced down at it in slight pain. The clock was given to you by your late family-the biological one you lost oh-so long ago. It never worked since it was missing a gear, but you didn't mind, that's kind of what fitbits and iPhones are for.
Suddenly, you heard a growl from your left, making your head snap in the general direction of the sound. There, behind the bush, was a large brown bear. Even more suddenly than the growl, the bear lunged at you, almost tackling you, but doing (F/s) had its perks and you were able to dodge-however barely. Not wasting any time, you bolted in the direction you intended for originally.
The bear recovered quickly and was once again on your tail. Brown and green blurred together and you made the mistake of taking a glance behind you-Not only was the bear still chasing you, but a lion and a tiger, though the lion seemed to let the other two take charge. The tiger, however, seemed utterly adamant on catching you and eating you alive-the cold look in his eyes.
You could hear the flow of water up ahead and your hopes started to increase, but at the same time, the distance between you and the animals was decreasing rapidly.
You could see a small waterfall and a bridge to your left. Knowing you could not cross the bridge to try to get away from them, you took the risk and dashed for the cliff. You were going to fast and you failed to consider how shallow the water at the end might be. You screamed as you forced yourself to jump off the slippery rocks-just in time too because the tiger snapped its fanged jaws closed mere inches from your precious Duck and Cover T-shirt.
"HOLY SHI-" you were cut off by the roar of the three before you plunged into the water. Thank whatever celestial hierarchy is out there your parents forced you into swim because you would be toast just about now.
You didn't see the beasts anywhere when you resurfaced, but you knew that wasn't the last time you'd see them.
You hoisted yourself out of the water and onto the rocks that bordered the rather small lake. You grabbed your sopping wet hair and started squeegeeing it best you could, successfully getting the majority of the water out of your hair-although, it remained tediously damp.
You knew you couldn't go back the way you came-they would expect you to go that way-so you set a goal to go north and walk back towards the east when you were out of the forest. That goal did not last long as you looked back up once again in the general direction of where you had jumped.
Only now did you notice the small cottage on another part of the cliff-on the other side of the small waterfall. You sighed, knowing that was probably the only form of shelter you were going to get tonight. You looked back down and-once again-something caught your eye. Was it just you or are you starting to feel like you've been blind your entire life?
Curiosity killed the cat had no place in your story so being the type of adventure seeking person you were, you sunk yourself, towards the glinting object caught between the rocks, reflecting the setting sun.
When you resurfaced again, you realized what it was and sighed out of irritation-it was a simple, rusted gear. About to throw it back in the water, you remembered the unmoving clock in your bag.
You looked at the pitiful piece of machinery that sat in your hand, water droplets cascading down your wrist and forearm.
You opened the hood and we're about to squeeze the gear in there when a thought came to your head. 'I don't want to rust anything else in here, I'll wait and see if there's any polish or something in that house' you reasoned with yourself.
You squeezed the brunt of the water out of your hair once again, and started making your way back to the cottage.
You were half way across the bridge when you heard the snap of a twig. You bolted to the cottage out of sheer panic despite it probably being a squirrel.
You made it into the house and slammed the door shut, pitting your weight in the door as you caught your breath again.
You locked it and entered the working place where many different items lay. A wrench, a screwdriver, a broken musket, and an open book. Everything had accumulated so much dust, you could see your footprints behind you. 'Thank god I have some Zyrtec in my bag.' you noted. You were reaching for the book when something tackled you to the side.
You felt a large paw set between your shoulder blades and you winced as splinters poked your hands, arms, legs, and cheek.
"Who are you!?" Bellowed a low voice, prompting you to shiver due to the cold tone.
"(Y-Y/n) Oz."
~~~~~~~~(●'?`●)~~~~~~~~