chapter 6

Diana’s P.O.V

          “Everything is so beautiful,” I noted.

          Noah let out a breath and he could relax now that he knew that I liked the set-up he created for our date.  It was extremely romantic and thoughtful of him. He was the most romantic guy that I had ever seen who truly meant every word that he said. It was refreshing to know that there still were decent men in this world. He smiled at me as he emptied our dinner from the basket. He laid out spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, tiramisu, and pink lemonade. My eyes widened in surprise to see all my favorite food right in front of me. “I love spaghetti! And pink lemonade is my favorite. How did you know?”

          Noah smiled sheepishly. “I might have asked one of your friends. I wanted to make sure that you would eat something that you actually liked. Now, I’m warning you ahead of time, I’m not a very good cook so I don’t know how everything is going to taste.”

          I couldn’t help but to smile at him. He really planned this whole date out. Most guys would have wanted to see a movie and call that a date. Noah was thoughtful of what I wanted and I was falling for him because of that. He was a genuine guy with a big heart. “I’m sure the food will taste fine. If not, well there is always take out,” I teased. “That was very sweet of you to ask them. I should have made cookies or something.”

          Noah shook his head. “Nah, I wanted to treat you on this date. And maybe a second one if you want.”

          “I would like that,” I said leaning in towards me before delicately kissed his cheek. Now it was time to eat.  Noah let me grab what I wanted first before he took a plate for his own food.  While I was eating it seemed like he was watching me eat. I tried to ignore him while I ate to avoid embarrassing myself. I glanced down a few times to make sure that the spaghetti sauce wasn’t getting on my clothes or something. When I was done eating I looked up at him licking a small amount of sauce that was on my lips. I hope he doesn’t think that I eat like a pig. When I get really hungry I can put down a few cheeseburgers.

          “I’m guessing that everything tasted good? It seems that you practically licked your plate clean,” Noah chuckled.

          I turned my head slightly as I felt my cheeks burning with embarrassment. Great, I just had to blush right now. Noah lifted my chin with his finger so I was forced to look directly at him and his passionate, caring eyes. He leaned closer to me; his lips were getting closer to mine. I wanted him to kiss me. And then I wanted him to kiss me over and over again. I wasn’t going to pull away from him. I wanted this kiss as much as he did. After a moment Noah deepened the kiss by sliding his tongue in my mouth. It took everything in my power to not moan. He brought his hands around my waist and pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing our bodies closer. Even though I haven’t known Noah for very long I feel like that isn’t the case. It seems like we’ve been friends forever and are now just discovering feelings for another.

          When we stopped to catch our breaths I wanted him to kiss me again but I didn’t want to move to fast. After all I am on vacation here for the summer, but I had a feeling that I am going to have to look at colleges down here if things get really serious between Noah and I. Besides, the weather is nice and I really enjoy going down to the beach.

~*~

          Everything was so peaceful on the beach. The only real noise was the calm waves when they came ashore. It was late at night and the stars were visible from above, twinkling like diamonds. This night was perfect and it was all thanks to Noah. This entire night was unbelievable and I never wanted it to end. If it were possible to stay like this forever then I would choose to do so in a heartbeat.