chapter 5

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER ON THE SIDE! I AM IN LOVE WITH IT (:

Noah’s P.O.V

          I pulled Diana close to me as we walked down a steep hill. My arm was wrapped around her waist to steady her while my other arm held a blanket and basket full of steaming hot food that filled my senses. Due to Diana’s closeness, her intoxicating scent mixed with cinnamon and berries filled my nostrils exciting my wolf who wanted out. It wanted to roam these woods and howl. It also wanted me to bond with my little tempting mate.

          When the ground leveled out I took my hand from her waist and took her hand. She smiled those pearly whites at me and my wolf whimpered. It begged me to take Diana and screw the living daylights out of her already so we could be an official mated pair. I pushed those tempting feelings aside. She wasn’t ready yet even though I was.

          Diana crept ahead of me, clearly anxious as to where we were going. I chuckled as she was getting ahead of herself. “Cutie,” I called out.

          She cocked one hip to the side. “Did you just call me cutie?”

          “Yes, yes I did. Is that a problem?”

          She shook her head. “Nope, not as long as you don’t mind me giving you a pet name.”

          “Do you have one for me?”

          She snorted. “No, and I’m not just going to tell you. You will have to wait until I randomly call you your nickname.”

          I shrugged my shoulders. “Okay cutie. If that’s what you want.”

          I kept up to her pace and direction her to when he had to turn. When we were getting close I told her to stop. I took her hand and let her around a massive rock formation. We climbed on top and I let go of her hand.

          “What are we doing?” She asked confused. Her brow was furrowed and I chuckled. She looked so damn cute.

          I removed a moss patch to reveal a hole in the center of the mound. “Were going down,” I said tossing the blanket down first. “Now, I’m going down and then you’re going to hand me the basket before you go down.”

          I smiled at her before disappearing into the hole where it was dark, but not cold. It was rather warm down here considering I was now underground. I pulled a flashlight from my pocket and turned it on before telling her to drop the basket. Once she did I told her that she can jump down and that I would catch her. She was a bit hesitant until I reassured her that I would catch her. She let out a high pitched scream as she jumped, landing into my arms bridal style. I smiled at her. Her chocolate eyes were assessing the darkness around us. Pulling out a second flashlight for her I gave her one and she seemed to relax.

          “Better?”

          She nodded. “Much better.”

          “Good, now let’s explore some more,” I said grinning from ear to ear.

          She gripped my hand tightly as we walked towards our destination. Our flashlights gave us the only light as we went deeper and deeper into darkness. Ahead there was a flicking glow that caused my heart started beating faster. I hope that Diana would be happy with the surprise that I had planned for us. I hoped that this would be a night that we would both remember.