5 | As Good As Dead

Start from the beginning

"I don't need any professional help," I grabbed my two notebooks I would need over the weekend and closed my locker. "I'm getting better and I'll be fine."

I turned to her and we were eye-to-eye. "Are you sure?"

"Positive," I smiled and pressed the notebooks against my chest. "Are you ready to go?"

She nodded her head and we walked toward the exit doors of the school as she switched the conversation from me to her and Tucker. We were out of the school and maneuvering our way through the students waiting for their ride when I saw Michael's black Mercedes pulling into the school parking lot.

"Is that Mike?" Lina squinted her eyes as he drove up and I nodded my head, as he came to a stop in front of us.

"We have bus passes for a reason," I said and smiled once he rolled down the window.

"I'm cool with the ride though," Lina replied quickly as she raised her hand.

"See why can't you be like Lina?" Michael chuckled and gestured to Lina as she stepped off the sidewalk, and opened Michael's car door.

I just shook my head, smiled, and walked to the other side of the car to get in the front seat.

"So Mike, Semaj's parents left for the weekend this morning," Lina tapped Michael's shoulder as he drove off. "What are you guys gonna get into this weekend?"

I blushed and turned my head to look out of the window and I heard Michael's sweet chuckle next to me.

"I dunno... ask her," I snapped my head toward him as he nodded his over at me.

"Ooh y'all freaky," Lina laughed and sat back in the seat which made my cheeks ache in embarrassment.

"That's not what he meant Lina!" I exclaimed in defense as I reached to put my seatbelt on, "right Michael?"

I glanced up at him as the lock of the seatbelt clicked, and he shrugged while wearing a smile on his face.

"Mmhmmm..." Lina hummed childishly in the backseat and I rolled my eyes. She giggled and replied, "you grown girl you ain't gotta hide it."

I just waved her off because I knew this was a conversation that would just backfire on me. Meanwhile, Michael sat in the driver's seat laughing. I shoved him lightly in the shoulder, but he paid me no mind and continued to drive. The radio played as Lina went on and on about some unrelated drama that was going on at the school between some girls that we didn't even know too well. I was slightly intrigued by her storytelling, but she was unable to finish it because Michael had pulled up to her house.

"I'll call you later Sammie," she yelled as she jogged up her driveway.

"Okay!"

Michael waited until she was inside the house before he pulled off and it was a comfortable silence as he drove to my house.

"Lina's house is closer to yours so, why did you drop her off first?" I asked once he pulled into my driveway and he laughed.

"Damn," he licked his bottom lip and put the car in park. "Can I spend some time wit my girl?"

He turned to look at me as I tried to fight the smile that threatened to show on my face. I leaned in and kissed Michael's lips, which caught him off guard, but he quickly kissed me back. We played our game of cat and mouse for about a minute more before I pulled back out of breath, and Michael bit down on his bottom lip.

I licked my lips before I smiled at him and asked, "so what are we doing this weekend?"

"Come spend the night at my place tonight," he replied nonchalantly and I chuckled.