Um, You're Mad Because I Saved You? - Sophie's POV

I sighed impatiently as I twiddled my thumbs. I was waiting for Tam to wake up from his woozy-strong sedatives. I touched my temples softly. He had told me he loved my while on sedatives. I breathed a small laugh. He was all messed up, but yet decided to do that? I smiled softly then I heard a little stir from the couch.

I ran to the couch and sure enough, he was sitting up, rubbing his eyes and clutching his arm. "Tam?" I asked softly. He whipped his head to look at me, then he narrowed his eyes menacingly at me. "You! You betrayed us!?" he growled. I widened my eyes in shock. "No, Tam, I wasn't doing anything of that sort-"

"Then why were you working with the Neverseen?" he asked. "I saw you there. Clearly." he said firmly. Wow. He remembers that, and not the weird confession? Just my luck. He turned his head to the side, away from me.

Then he turned to me. He looked like he was grief-stricken and furious at the same time. "I trusted you, Sophie. I thought after the Fitz accident, we were fine again. But this time, you didn't just hurt the two of us. You could've hurt the whole elvin population." he said with a tone of firmness in his voice. Something else was there, too. I looked into his eyes, and that said it all. They were glistening with emotion, mostly... betrayal. Stronger than what I saw in Everglen.

"Tam, I never meant to hurt anybody..." I began "Tell me I'm right, because I believe I am." he said stubbornly. "Tam, I only did this to find out what the Neverseen were doing..."

He glared at me. "Yeah, so you're suddenly Sencen? No, I don't believe that."

I stepped back. "Tam, you know I'm not lying..." "Give me a reason to believe you," he muttered. "No, Tam, I don't need to give you anything, because I'm not lying!"

He looked at me, all his emotions visible on his face. Sadness, betrayal, anger, fury, fear, nervousness, hate...

"Don't hate me..." I whispered, grasping onto his arm he was clutching. He winced and pulled the arm away from me quickly. "Stop it." he whimpered to me. "Stop what? Stop you. Life?" he mumbled. My eyes narrowed in annoyance and worry. "Tam! Tam, listen to me! Are you alright?!" I asked.

His eyes cleared. Then he shot me a glare. "You're safe!" I breathed. He scowled. "Give me a reason to believe you mean that." he scoffed. My heart dropped. He's acting up again...?

I placed my hand on his shoulder gently and he pulled away from me. "Stop, Sophie. It's... not the time." he reminded me. I looked at the ground. "I'm sorry..." I breathed.

He stared at me. "This is a great deal of forgiveness, Sophie. You betrayed us. All of us. I know, for a good cause. But you knew about all this and you uttered not a single peep." he scolded. I sighed. "I know, but..."

"But what?" he challenged, fully awake now.

"I... can't tell you."

The reason was, when I was a 100% active member of the Black Swan, I was sent on a secret mission to gather information. I was given false information to tell them if they asked me about why I had come, and they accepted. But they told me I had to test my loyalty, and apparently, that was by... killing someone.

I almost gagged at the vivid memory of the poor elf. But since then, I'm not sure what happened. I reported to the Black Swan. Everything was normal.

Tam sighed frustratedly. "Sophie, you have to tell me." he ordered. "No."

"You have to, Sophie. For your own good."

"NO!"

He growled frustratedly. "Then why did you do it?" he chided. "Huh?"

"I took a reading of you. You were completely normal. But you joined the Neverseen. Why?" he asked, voice cracking. "I had no choice-"

"Of course you did, Sophie. You were just too blind to see it." he whispered. "WELL, BY THE WAY, YOU'RE WELCOME FOR SAVING YOU!" I yelled angrily, standing up. He looked at me, grief-stricken. "Where are your parents?" he asked. I shrugged angrily. "They've gone somewhere." I said carelessly. "I'm so sorry, Sophie. I'm doing this for you." he whispered.

What?

"WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?!" I protested. "I'm sorry, Sophie." he mumbled. He looked at me straight in the eyes, and I saw his eyes watery. He's... crying? "If you had the proper words to say, would you tell me?" he asked, voice shaky. "Yes..?" I said unsurely. "But you'd have nothing left to sell him." he whispered. Did Elwin treat him right??

"I'm so sorry, Sophie." he whispered. Then he whispered something barely audible. But I heard it. "I'm sorry, Moonlark," he whispered. I took in a sharp breath.

What?

Then I felt a strong arm wrap around my side, and a cloth was pressed against my lips.

As Tam's outline became fuzzy and I felt more distorted, I saw him mouth out words. Three sentences I could understand were...

"I'm sorry."

"I love you."

"Please understand."

eH?!?