I Know This - Tam's POV

I leapt home in a daze. The only thing on my mind was "GRADY'S GONNA GET YOU!" and "OH MY GOSH TAM YOU KISSED SOPHIE FOSTER THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE" and yammer yammer yammer blah blah.

I burst into Alluvetere and plopped into the couch, panting. Linh came up to me and was grinning uncontrollably. "So, what'cha doing?" She asked. I looked at her weirdly. She sighed. "You're hopeless. I meant what happened in Sophie's house?" She asked. "Oh. Oh. Uh. So I have a bit of a problem with Grady now." I said. Linh squealed. "Then you and Sophie really must've done something-"

"Alright, that's enough, you weirdo." I said. She laughed and punched my shoulder.

I watched Linh run up the staircase and I slumped down farther in my seat. The only thing I could think of was how I was going to die if I went to Havenfield. I sighed. How would I get to Sophie now?

I shook my head. Cool it, Tam. You don't have to reach that creepy "I'm gonna die if never see her" stage. I twiddle my thumbs and rubbed my face, tossing my bangs out of my face. I stood up and decided to cool off for a minute. The moment I stepped outside, I saw... something. Something horrible. Something you would not want to see after you had just hung out with Sophie. I saw Alden and Grady, arms crossed, talking fervently. I froze and they turned to me.

"Tam." Grady growled. Alden put an arm around his chest to stop him from moving. "Relax, Grady. HE did nothing. After all, you told me Sophie herself wrapped an arm around his neck while they were-"

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. But he was the one who kissed her first!" he protested. Alden looked over at my frozen figure and smiled, teal eyes warming me up. "No reason to worry. We've got this covered." he said. I nodded to him gratefully and, not before seeing Grady glare at me, I ran inside. Linh was sitting there, waiting patiently.

"So, that bad?" she asked. "Huh?" I asked. "You must've really really really done stuff with Sophie to make Grady show up here." she said, smirking. I felt my cheeks light on fire and Linh laughed. "Alright. I don't blame you, brother. She's amazing for you." said Linh softly. I smiled and she grinned. "You're blushing!" she teased. I groaned and buried my face under a pillow. I smiled in the pillow. At least I knew she loved me back.

Now the only thing left to do was let Linh out of her weird stalker phase, which would already seem undoubtedly harder than anything I'd already done. But it wouldn't hurt to try, right? After all, she was only a shipper (Sophie told me what a shipper was when Biana pretended to know what it was. It's pretty weird, right..?), so it was bound to be okay.

At least, I hoped.